Sunday as first day of week

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
DVB

Sunday as first day of week

Post by DVB »

The latest upgrade to Thunderbird (to 60.3.0) has had odd effects on Lightning. All my events for the next few months had vanished this morning; fortunately closing and restarting Tb brought them back, but I really don't like this flakiness.

The annoying problem is that it's changed the view so that the week starts on Monday. I prefer a Sunday-Saturday week, and my paper calendar is in that format, so my Lightning and paper calendars are now formatted differently, which is a pain.
The long "What's New" page of the latest Tb actually shows changing the week-order view -- but I can't find any way of doing that in any of the options in either Tb or Lightning. There used to be, of course, because that's how I set it in the first place, but there isn't now.
Can anyone help?
mgagnonlv

Re: Sunday as first day of week

Post by mgagnonlv »

I have no idea about your first problem. Hopefully it was a fluke and should be OK.

For the second issue, it is related to the fact that between TB 52 and 60, some work was done on Thunderbird and Lightning so it conforms by default to your system preferences. So if you are in continental Europe (or if you did some wrong handling), it's likely that your preference was changed.. Long story short, to change it back, do the following.

– Press on ALT to display full menus, then select Tools –> Options
– Select Calendar, then Vues.
– First element will be the first day of the week. Select Sunday.

Good luck.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
DVB

[SOLVED] Re: Sunday as first day of week

Post by DVB »

Thanks, Michel -- that worked!

Tb and Lightning are still being a bit flaky -- I had to close and relaunch Tb again just now to get events to show in Lightning -- but at least one problem is solved!
Gill Leroux

Post by Gill Leroux »

Similar problem.
Édition/Préférences/Agenda/Vues/General/First day/Dimanche
At each start I have to do the above Lightning does not keep my choice as default, it changes to Monday
Yokai

Post by Yokai »

I hope this issues you have was solved. I just got aware when I saw this thread, and as I looked at mine it's fine and starts with Sunday.
BC Editor

Post by BC Editor »

hi everyone
using TB 60.6.1 (64-bit) on Win10 laptop and have the annoying problem that my preference Sunday = starting day of the week gets lost many times after closing TB; in other words, after starting TB again, the starting day of the week is auto set to Monday.-
I have investigated this a bit and noticed that when this happens, the preference line for this in the prefs.js config file in the profile folder is deleted upon closing TB!! When starting TB again, a new line for this preference is entered in the prefs.js file and the value is set to "1", indicating "Monday" as starting day of the week. This line gets changed when I change in "Options > Calendar" to a value "0"for Sunday. Thus the problem is caused because upon closing TB, the closing procedure somehow delete the whole line "user_pref("calendar.week.start", 0);" in the config prefs.js file.

My current solution: I made sure the line was in the prefs.js file and then made the file "read only" in Win explorer. Problem with that is that any config changes are now impossible until I first change the file attribute again.
kerft

Post by kerft »

It may not work, but if you make a user.js file containing user_pref("calendar.week.start", 0); maybe that would work and you could unlock prefs.js.
BC Editor

Post by BC Editor »

kerft wrote:It may not work, but if you make a user.js file containing user_pref("calendar.week.start", 0); maybe that would work and you could unlock prefs.js.
That seems to work well ... will test for a while and see. Thank you for the suggestion