Why are some folders missing?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
joeonamac

Post by joeonamac »

I created my main account with wizard many years ago.
I have:
Inbox
Drafts
Sent
Deleted
and Gmail (and all of those subfolders)

Most of my email addresses work correctly as with the main one above.

However I have several new mail addresses mostly added in the last two or three years which have missing folders:
Inbox
Gmail
Deleted

or

Inbox
Gmail

or

Inbox
Junk
Gmail

or
Inbox
Deleted
Gmail

On that one, when I delete an email it does not go to the Deleted folder. The email just disappears. On View Setting for accounts --> Server Settings --> When I delete a message --> I have checked "Move it to this folder", and the folder is "Deleted on this-email-address@gmail.com".

Please help me to make all my email accounts have Inbox Drafts Sent Deleted and Gmail (at the very least).
Thank you
joeonamac

Re: Why are some folders missing?

Post by joeonamac »

Oh, my thunderbird is 60.2.1 (64-bit)
I'm running this on Linux Ubuntu 16.4 LTS.
I also have Thunderbird on my iMac, it is 60.3.0 (64-bit). It does the same thing.
joeonamac

Post by joeonamac »

PS Already tried:
Manage Folder Subscriptions --> (everything is checked off by default) Subscribe and/or Refresh, click Okay. Made no difference.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

See what is configured for those folders under menu path Edit → Account Settings->Copies & Folders.

Also, if these more recently added accounts are set up as IMAP accounts (as seems to be the case from your post) make sure that Thunderbird is set to subscribe to those folders -- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1144673
joeonamac

Post by joeonamac »

[quote="DanRaisch"]See what is configured for those folders under menu path Edit → Account Settings->Copies & Folders.

"Place copy in" is checked off for all email addresses.
On the ones that work radio button "sent folder on" is checked
On the ones that don't, "other: is checked, then points to email-address.gmail.com.

I changed all the "other" to "sent folder on" on the setting for "when sending a message" and "Message Archives" and "Drafts" and "Templates". Nothing happens right away. But when I close and start Thunderbird, my settings get put back to "other" on those errant folders. This is for all the email folder which previously hadn't worked. Yet, it puzzles me, for I have only one of those newer addresses for which the sending messages did remain on "when sending a message".

I looked at the article in the link, it mostly repeated what you told me.

And yes, I do have IMAP on 993 on all of my emails... Just confirmed all of them on the server settings tab.