MozillaZine

Can't add Amazon Smile to my search engines

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Odin2

Post Posted November 9th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Pre-Quantum I had both Amazon and Amazon Smile registered as search engines in Fx. Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/) is a near-mirror Amazon site, with the difference that it instructs Amazon to take a small portion of each purchase price as a contribution to a designated charity. When I followed the current procedure for adding Amazon Smile, instead of Amazon Smile an unrelated Amazon extension appeared in my search engine list. I could instead use the "Amazon Smiley" extension, but then I wouldn't ever be able to use plain Amazon [which I sometimes need to do, for reasons that I won't bore you with]--I need to have access to both. What can I do to have both listed as Fx search engines?

Gingerbread Man

Post Posted November 10th, 2018, 9:40 am

Amazon.com is one of the default search engines, so all you need to do is go to the following link and click one of the Amazon Smile engines to add it.
https://mycroftproject.com/search-engines.html?name=amazon+smile

Odin2

Post Posted November 10th, 2018, 10:45 am

Many thanks, Gingerbread Man! I remember Mycroft Project from pre-Quantum, but foolishly thought it was no longer supported. Better yet, Fx has offered to install Mycroft itself as another search engine [and I've done so].

jscher2000

Post Posted November 11th, 2018, 11:39 am

Odin2 wrote:When I followed the current procedure for adding Amazon Smile, instead of Amazon Smile an unrelated Amazon extension appeared in my search engine list.

If there is a problem with a search engine you installed from the Mozilla Add-ons site, post a review or report it.

Return to Firefox Support