Quick Fonts And Encondings Question

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Hey Man

Quick Fonts And Encondings Question

Post by Hey Man »

Greetings,

Just have a quick question. To ensure that fonts are sent and received in the same format and size, are all supposed to be changed to the font of choice -in my case Calibri?

Right now the default is:

Proportional: Sans-Serif
Serif: Cambria
Sans-Serif: Calibri
Monospace: Consolas

Should they all be set to Calibri, so there are no different font issues? And yes, I do have Allow Other Fonts Unchecked.

There are just a couple of people when they respond to my emails - the font is large AND bolded for some reason. It's not an across the board problem though.

Thanks!
lasardo

Re: Quick Fonts And Encondings Question

Post by lasardo »

I would think that if you want all fonts to be Calibri then you should set them all to Calibri. You will have to set this in the box latin set them all and then change the box to other and set them all again.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

There are just a couple of people when they respond to my emails - the font is large AND bolded for some reason. It's not an across the board problem though.
Keep in mind that recipients are free to view your Calibri font as something else if they choose to set their email client to do so. That setting in Thunderbird is found under Tools->Options->Display->Formatting->click on the "Advanced" button->choose the Font Control option as the user chooses.
Hey Man

Post by Hey Man »

DanRaisch wrote:
Keep in mind that recipients are free to view your Calibri font as something else if they choose to set their email client to do so. That setting in Thunderbird is found under Tools->Options->Display->Formatting->click on the "Advanced" button->choose the Font Control option as the user chooses.
Of course, but I have the allow other fonts unchecked, so regardless of how things look on their end with Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, etc - when they reply to my email, shouldn't their text in whatever font they like be formatted into Calibri?

Thanks!