Facebook posting notifications in Firefox

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
marklang

Facebook posting notifications in Firefox

Post by marklang »

I started having a weird problem with the recent version of Firefox. Without any action on my part, I start to get little notification messages from Facebook near the bottom of my active Firefox window. In the option under notifications, facebook was listed in having permission to give notifications. Several times I have removed Facebook from that permission box, and a few days later I get the notifications and find that Facebook has re-established its notification permission in the options. How is Facebook allowed to change such options?
Mark Lang
DanRaisch

Re: Facebook posting notifications in Firefox

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you looked on Facebook for a setting to stop sending notifications?
marklang

Post by marklang »

I actually found a setting in Facebook to allow Firefox to display notifications, but that is turned off. I would think that I would have to allow that in Firefox. Facebook seems to actually be changing the setting in Firefox. I go into the notifications setting, and find facebook.com listed to have permission for notifications. I delete it. A few days later I see a message from Facebook, and when I go back to Firefox settings facebook.com has appeared again in the list of sites that have permission for notifications.
Mark Lang
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you running Ccleaner or some other clean up utility on that system?
marklang

Post by marklang »

I have ccleaner, but I have not run it in many months. I did have to rebuild my Firefox profile when I recently upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to Windows 10 1803. I don't know if that has any bearing. I was having problems with, I believe, Flash Player after the upgrade.
Mark Lang