All Except One Inbox Gone?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
smislt

All Except One Inbox Gone?

Post by smislt »

I just updated to 60.3.2 and clicked something (I don't know what) at the right side of the screen. Now only one inbox of the 5 that I had shows. How do i get all the other inboxes to show again?
tanstaafl

Re: All Except One Inbox Gone?

Post by tanstaafl »

Were you using view -> folders -> all or view -> folders -> unified? If the latter, try the former.

Try restarting Thunderbird in safe mode (not to be confused with windows safe mode).

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Toolbar_or_wi ... ot_working . You could try deleting xulstore.json and foldertree.json and session.json . You will lose any customizations stored in those files but Thunderbird will recreate those files as needed using default values when you restart it.

I doubt you've lost any mail or accounts, it sounds like you just messed up the user interface.
smislt

Post by smislt »

I hope you don't mind helping a semi computer literate senior citizen! As you can imagine, not having access to all my email accounts in Thunderbird is quite stressful. I don't know if I gave enough details, so here you go. On the left side of the page is the section that shows all the email accounts and folders like "Sent", etc. That is now gone. I don't know what I clicked to mess this up. I have gone to View and tried both All and Unified to no effect. I started in Safe mode to no effect.

I think the easiest way to go is to delete the files that contain whatever it is that I changed. I'd rather lose customizations, but it's most important to get all my email accounts to once again appear. Can you tell me more details on how to do that? Like I said, I'm a semi computer literate senior citizen and some of this is beyond my knowledge. Thank you so much!!
smislt

Post by smislt »

BTW, Do you recommend deleting all three of those files at once?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Folder_pane_not_shown if the folder pane is now gone too.

Once you get the folder pane back, if its missing accounts:

Use "help -> troubleshooting information -> open folder" to open windows explorer/file explorer at your profile.
Exit Thunderbird. Keep windows explorer/file explorer open.
Delete xulstore.json , foldertree.json and session.json. They're in your profile.
Start Thunderbird.

If you're worried, back up the profile beforehand. That could be as simple as copy and paste a copy of its directory to a safe location or you could use a backup program. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup
smislt

Post by smislt »

Oh WOW! Got it back!! Thank you VERY much. Nothing is missing.

To bring it back, just move your cursor to the far left side of the window until the cursor changes into a double-headed arrow (↔), and then drag the splitter bar to the right. Mozilla Suite users can just click on the "grippy" in the middle of the bar at the left edge of the window.