Version 64.0b3 (32-bit) email hyperlinks do not work

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
PJ62

Version 64.0b3 (32-bit) email hyperlinks do not work

Post by PJ62 »

Since I upgraded to this version (64.0b3 (32-bit)), none of the hyperlinks in any email will open a window in my Chrome browser. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution?
DanRaisch

Re: Version 64.0b3 (32-bit) email hyperlinks do not work

Post by DanRaisch »

Your post is rather confusing. Are you asking about version 64.0b3 of the email client Thunderbird? If so, you've posted in the Firefox (browser) support forum rather than a Thunderbird Support forum. Also, if you are asking about Thunderbird, is there a specific reason you are using a pre-release (beta) version of the email program rather than the current release version which is 60.3.2
PJ62

Post by PJ62 »

To answer your 1st question, yes this is in regard to Thunderbird. I used a link to this forum from Thunderbird. I didn't realize or see that is for Firefox. The question is in regard the latest Thunderbird version so please disregard this post.
PJ62

Post by PJ62 »

In regard to the 2nd question, no the only reason I am using this version is because it updated to this version when I returned from vacation last week.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
he only reason I am using this version is because it updated to this version
That indicates that you somehow installed a beta version or nightly version at some point in the past.

I suggest that you uninstall Thunderbird (the program only) and install the current release version of the email client.
Clear the browser cache and the Windows Temp directory.
Download a new copy of the full installer from http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/all
Delete the directory C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird
Run the installer.

Note that your saved messages, address books, settings, passwords, etc (if any) are stored in a different directory from the program files and will not be removed by deleting the directory identified above.

This thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 5#p5239885 has a more detailed version of the above instructions if needed.
PJ62

Post by PJ62 »

I went through the process you mentioned and have the correct version installed (60.3.2). Thanks for your help.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Glad to hear that. Are the hyperlinks now working as expected?