something stuck in search on Amazon that i did not enter

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Brummelchen

Re: something stuck in search on Amazon that i did not enter

Post by Brummelchen »

yo can try out firefox in safe-mode or a new profile, you wont lose your current used.

to edit: System Mechanic is from Iolo, nevertheless its same crap windows killing tuner and tweaker like Tuneup, Wise or others - or Ccleaner. they cant really clean up, they cant repair anything, thats a rubbish marketing gag. that wont help your problem - either your profile was hitted by malware or SAS is not able to find and fix malware on your system. i would try as suggested, because i think your profile has been hitted by malware.

concerning windows 7 you should consider a better realtime protection like the combination of Windows Defender and MSE (MS Essentials). the combination (or mariage) of both has been done since windows 8 and its really powerful. SAS (free) can assist, nevertheless its "only" a second opinion like Malwarebytes.

some consider this as not helpfull but most problems with firefox are made from outside. those should sharpen mind for it.
AngelKitty

Post by AngelKitty »

isn't that what i do when i go into Privacy & Security & Clear History? otherwise i don't save form anything.
=^.*.^=
AngelKitty

Post by AngelKitty »

i have Win 8.1, not 7. the only time i have this problem is with FF. it does not happen with IE so yeah, maybe my profile has been "hitted.". have tried in past lives to work in safe mode or set up a new profile. it did not go well. lost Everything. would rather live with what i have than go thru that again.

anyone else have any suggestions? otherwise thanks.
=^.*.^=
lasardo

Post by lasardo »

Instead of going to amazon.com you could go to and bookmark smile.amazon.com , all functions of amazon can be done there, but the slight difference in name might make the rogue form-filler not act.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

AngelKitty wrote:i have Win 8.1, not 7.
Really? :-k
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

thx for jumping in, same on my mind.

Windows 7 is -> "Windows NT 6.1"
Windows 8 should show "Windows NT 6.3" (like mine)
and Windows 10 -> "Windows NT 10.0"
AngelKitty

Post by AngelKitty »

1. yes really. don't care what shows up below my question or response. i definitely have Win 8.1

2. tried smile.amazon.com & same thing happens b4 i even log in. whatever is stuck doesn't have anything to do with Amazon. it's a FF issue.
=^.*.^=
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Won't try safe mode or a new profile, evasive answer as to whether AdwCleaner was actually run ...
Time to lock this nonsense....
Last edited by mightyglydd on December 5th, 2018, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

2. tried smile.amazon.com & same thing happens b4 i even log in. whatever is stuck doesn't have anything to do with Amazon. it's a FF issue.
That's obviously a valid statement, unless on every web site you go to you find that "stuck" search result. It's something RELATING to Amazon and INVOLVING Firefox but what it is is not clear. Creating a new profile will confirm that the issue is not with Firefox itself but with the original profile.

As for your statement that you
have tried in past lives to work in safe mode or set up a new profile. it did not go well. lost Everything
that is not to the point. We're not suggesting either option as a permanent solution but as a means of determining the source of your current problem. If a new profile does not show the "stuck" element, it's possible to migrate data, one element at a time, from the old profile to the new.