Resuming From Sleep

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
orealius

Re: Resuming From Sleep

Post by orealius »

How do you open to another folder instead of inbox?
tobiz

Post by tobiz »

orealius wrote:How do you open to another folder instead of inbox?
No. I had the Inbox highlighted, then clicked "Get messages".

It just happened again. Only solution is to close TB and restart it, then it auto loads msgs. Also if you then click GMsgs it contacts pop server and says "No msgs to download".

Sorry, misread your question. However that's what I did and what the outcome was (not I think relevant to your question, but relevant to the issue)
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

orealius wrote:Will this be posted on Bugzilla?
orealius has reported this as https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512126 As far as I can tell there are no other recent bug reports for this.

At least on Windows, from Thunderbird POV, it doesn't know the difference between hibernate and sleep - they are the same. But these tend to be OS dependent, so you may want to focus on bug reports filed against your OS, or have OS=All

I'll repeat my suggestion from the other thread to try beta from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/channel/
orealius

Post by orealius »

For some reason I don't understand the e-mails are again being downloaded when coming out of sleep. The only thing I did was change the 'check messages up to 21 minutes and then back to 5. From reading bug 468490 there seems to be some oblique relation to that option. Meanwhile, I'll see how long this 'fix' lasts.
orealius

Post by orealius »

I opened TB this morning from sleep and I get a message that TB is processing the account. After that it is now back to NOT downloading new messages!
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Both the POP and IMAP account have this problem?

If its just the POP account its always possible it tried to download a "bad" message, creating a logjam as its not smart enough to display an error and download the next new message instead. Login into webmail using a browser and read and delete the oldest new message. That is probably not the topmost message in the folder listing, look at the time stamp to figure out which one is the oldest new/unread message. When you are done logout of webmail and try Thunderbird again.

What is the full text of the error message? I'm used to seeing status messages about logging in, checking for new mail, downloading message, indexing, loading message etc. but "processing" doesn't ring a bell. Are you paraphrasing "downloading"?
orealius

Post by orealius »

There's no error message. It just said: something like: 'Please wait while your account is being processed.' It was in the main window...not the status bar. By 'downloading' I mean "automatically download new messages" in server settings.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Could it have been "The folder is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to get messages"?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Folder_being_processed mentions "Double clicking "Get Mail", or accidentally clicking "Get Mail" while trying to select an account from the adjacent drop down list, or the PC resuming from sleep mode can cause this. There are many variations, the common issue being they are timing dependent."

You didn't answer the question whether it effected both the POP and IMAP account. If you don't know or can't tell I suggest you disable check for new mail on startup and check for new mail every X minutes for the POP account, select the IMAP account inbox, exit Thunderbird, restart Thunderbird, put the PC to sleep and then wake it up. See if you can read new mail in the IMAP inbox.
orealius

Post by orealius »

Could have been folder being processed. Will try as suggested.
orealius

Post by orealius »

I've been able to temporarily correct the problem by going to server settings advanced and choosing option to "download mail and choose the following folder to store new messages." The message comes up: "If you store this account's new mail in a different account's Inbox, you will no longer be able to access already downloaded e-mail for this account. If you have mail in this account, please copy it to another account first.

If you have filters that filter mail into this account, you should disable them or change the destination folder. If any accounts have special folders in this account (Sent, Drafts, Templates, Archives, Junk), you should change them to be in another account.

Do you still want to store this account's e-mail in a different account?

I simply choose "cancel" then reboot the computer and TB will automatically download new messages...as it should.

Hope this helps!!!
kolAflash

Post by kolAflash »

Old IMAP bug (not POP), but maybe related:

IMAP Idle doesn't recognize lost connection after S3
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=433006