Starting minimized into tray TB higher than 52.9.1

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Firefox-Fan77

Starting minimized into tray TB higher than 52.9.1

Post by Firefox-Fan77 »

I use 2 Addons with 52.9.1 and they both work perfectly. Thunderbird starts automatically after Windows startup (I created a Task in Windows TaskScheduler). First Addon then minimizes TB into Taskbar automatically, the second Addon puts TB into Tray.
- Minimize On Start and Close
- MinimizeToTray revived

Problems begin when updating TB higher than 52.9.1
Addon "Minimize On Start and Close" doesn't work anymore. People recommend "MinimizeToTray revived" which still works of course (forced installation manually), but you still have to minimize to Taskbar manually once. "MinimizeToTray revived" has no options for automatically close/minimize TB
DanRaisch

Re: Starting minimized into tray TB higher than 52.9.1

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... eanimated/ has a updated version of MinimizeToTray Reanimated that supposedly supports version 60 through 63. "It is the update of MinimizeToTray Revived, which is not maintained anymore since the recent versions of Thunderbird."
Firefox-Fan77

Post by Firefox-Fan77 »

tanstaafl wrote:https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... eanimated/ has a updated version of MinimizeToTray Reanimated that supposedly supports version 60 through 63. "It is the update of MinimizeToTray Revived, which is not maintained anymore since the recent versions of Thunderbird."
I know everybody writes this, but it doesn't solve the problem completly. The reanimated version puts TB into Tray yes ok good. But it doesn't do this automatically when TB is started. Therefore I was using the intermediate step "Minimize On Start and Close". Not a mega problem I know, but I want TB started automatically when Windows starts plus minimized to Tray automatically. Reanimated Version doesn't support "minimize directly to Tray after TB starts"
morat

Post by morat »