Latest seaMonkey doesnt work with mojave? (Mac OS)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
babielovah

Latest seaMonkey doesnt work with mojave? (Mac OS)

Post by babielovah »

Hello
I am a newbie. I have recently downloaded the latest version of seamonkey, and I notice it doesnt work with the latest Mac Mojave? Whenever I open the dialog box for Open, Save etc, SeaMonkey freezes, I had to force quit SeaMonkey. Is there any way i can make it work with Mojave?
Last edited by DanRaisch on January 3rd, 2019, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Mac) added to subject line.
frg

Re: Latest seaMonkey doesnt work with mojave? (Mac OS)

Post by frg »

The fix for this will be in the next 2.49. Building has started but it is a slow go because the new infrastructure is not ready yet.
You can try the unofficial 2.49.5 version: http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/
Uses my patch queue which will be the base for the new release. Has some additional private fixes in but these are stable. I tested a previous version on 10.14.1 and it worked fine but I never had the problem in the first place with 2.49.4 so it might not affect all macs. Anyway the proper fix has been backported to it.
LewS

Post by LewS »

The unofficial 2.49.5 at the link frg provided solved my problems
with Mojave, so it should work for you.

Also, version 2.53 from that site also fixed them.
babielovah

Post by babielovah »

Thank you guys for the help! I would try it out!
babielovah

Post by babielovah »

frg wrote:The fix for this will be in the next 2.49. Building has started but it is a slow go because the new infrastructure is not ready yet.
You can try the unofficial 2.49.5 version: http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/
Uses my patch queue which will be the base for the new release. Has some additional private fixes in but these are stable. I tested a previous version on 10.14.1 and it worked fine but I never had the problem in the first place with 2.49.4 so it might not affect all macs. Anyway the proper fix has been backported to it.
I tried the unofficial 2.49.5 version. It fixed the problem from before. But when ever i save as a composer file to a folder. All the image links were removed, all the images were saved in the file folder where i save the html file. I can work my way around this, no problem. But I just thought to let you know. Thank you very much again!