New computer & 32-64 changes

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

New computer & 32-64 changes

Post by walkerpbus »

any advice on getting a new computer & switching from 32-bits to 64?
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Re: New computer & 32-64 changes

Post by DanRaisch »

You'll probably not notice any differences when moving to the new system, other than possible performance improvements in a very few programs if you update the program from a 32bit version to a 64bit version. Any 64bit operating system can run virtually any 32bit program so there is no immediate reason to update Firefox or Thunderbird to 64bit if you have been using the 32bit version. This applies to any browser, email clients, word processors, spreadsheets, etc, etc.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I tried the 64 bit version of Thunderbird for several months and it didn't make a noticeable difference in performance.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

32-bit Thunderbird. Appreciate your advice: How do I get rid of the junk emails interspersed with the regular ones with Junquilla (bedore they went automatically to the junk folder) illegal or somehow threw them to another folder. Also the view is bad: I'd like to see the whole month calendar: there's room on the right but the junk marker won't move to the left even if I had a decent calendar moved to the space
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

walkerpbus wrote:32-bit Thunderbird. Appreciate your advice: How do I get rid of the junk emails interspersed with the regular ones with Junquilla (bedore they went automatically to the junk folder) illegal or somehow threw them to another folder. Also the view is bad: I'd like to see the whole month calendar: there's room on the right but the junk marker won't move to the left even if I had a decent calendar moved to the space

In addition, it's printing some undesired: google-smtp source, ARC, received stuff , return-path, DKIM, a bunch of other garbage. ahead of the real message
If this contains several problems * you have them, feel free to make comments for any/all of them
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

In Thunderbird use menu path View->Headers->Normal.