Bug FF 64.0.2

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BuddhaNature

Bug FF 64.0.2

Post by BuddhaNature »

I go to this webpage: Expanding Drawer Organiser Cutlery Tray Scroll down the page a bit and click on the "Product Information" (tab). You see some product information and FF displays a "Read More" button to read more about the product. So click on the Read More button and the FF scrolls the page back to the top of the page and never does show more product information.

I have a portable Opera on my computer system. If I check this webpage in Opera then two things happen:

(1) I am shown all the product details including the dimensions (which is what I really want to know about the product).

(2) Opera does not display any "Read More" button. (The button isn't really necessary as there isn't really much by way of "Product Information" to show.

In all seems that FF is bugged in this respect for this webpage. The exact same thing happens if instead of clicking on the "Product Information" tab the user clicks on the "Review" tab and then (again) clicks on the "Read More" button at the bottom of the visible reviews.
DanRaisch

Re: Bug FF 64.0.2

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no bug has been identified here.

It's not a bug in Firefox but buggy coding of the page. The W3C HTML validation site identifies 99 HTML errors on that page, 117 CSS errors and 655 CSS warning conditions. Apparently Opera is not as strict about coding standards and so displays the page differently than Firefox does.
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Okay, Dan. Thanks very much for the inf. If you want to just delete the post that would be fine.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No reason to delete it. Others may come across the same situation with that page or others like it and find this thread via a Google search.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

BuddhaNature wrote:So click on the Read More button and the FF scrolls the page back to the top of the page and never does show more product information.
It does here with uBlock Origin Disabled.
Expanding Drawer Organiser Cutlery Tray 5-7 Hole - Wooden

Expanding from five to seven compartments, our handsome beech tray stretches out to use every inch of kitchen drawer space, so it will easily accommodate all your cutlery plus plenty of utensils too.

Extends from 31 to 49cm (12¼" to 19¼"). 37cm D. x 5cm H. (14½" x 2").
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Benjamin Markson

Post by Benjamin Markson »

Seems to be Firefox's default tracking protection....

Code: Select all

The resource at "https://assets.adobedtm.com/launch-EN39a7776d5e5b4d3b850211cdfd295841.min.js" was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.
If you disable protection for the site then the Read More works.

When the obsession with tracking becomes more important than selling then they probably don't deserve any sales. :)

Ben.
XUL is dead. Long live the Google Chrome Clones.
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Hi mightyglydd,

I don't have uBlock Origin installed. Do have AdBlock Plus and Privacy Badger installed. I disabled both for the site but the Read More button still didn't work.

Hi Benjamin,

Yes, disabling FF default tracking protection for the site along with disabling AdBlock Plus (didn't have to disable Privacy Badger) did get the Read More working for me. If I disabled the default tracking protection and didn't also disable AdBlock Plus then the Read More still didn't work.

Thanks very much for the pointers. New ideas for my toolkit. Very much agree that tracking is insidious and should be banned across the board. Unfortunately, after hours of searching, this is the only cutlery tray that I could find that will actually fit in my odd-sized kitchen drawers so I have little option but to award the company a sale -- damn them! I'll buy and never visit the site again.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

if you dont use any adblocker its blcoked from anotehr instance on your system, in most cases an antivirus.

for me its my windows hosts file, disabling ublock wont help here so its surwe on that list. one of those (and sub-domains) or a combination of 2 or more.

2o7.net
adobedtm.com
ajax.googleapis.com
aspnetcdn.com
bing.com
cloudflare.com
criteo.com
criteo.net
dwin1.com
facebook.com
facebook.net
google.com
pages04.net
richrelevance.com
scene7.com
u5e.com

the "read more" will expand automatically.