'SEND' has changed to 'SEND LATER'

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rodhudson

'SEND' has changed to 'SEND LATER'

Post by rodhudson »

I don't know how this happened, but it has, and I can't see how or where to change it back.
Or even where the 'send later' files have gone.
OR where the 'SEND LATER' time is controlled from !
rodhudson

Re: 'SEND' has changed to 'SEND LATER'

Post by rodhudson »

UPDATE !
I have restarted T-Bird, and got my SEND back.
But during the 'reboot' I was asked if I wanted to send my UNSENT messages NOW or LATER.
I chose LATER, but as they were just 4 copies of the same email, I would prefer to have the option to CANCEL.

So...................had I clicked on SEND NOW, would they all have gone immediately, or would I get asked one by one ?
And would there be an option to NOT send them at all ?

I'm asking this, as I'm worried that if I click SEND NOW they will all go at once to the same person !
So I have erred on the side of 'caution' !
But would still like to know.
And what to do should it happen again !
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It sounds as though Thunderbird did not have an Internet connection when it first offered that "Send Later" option. That would prevent it from sending immediately so it offered the alternative. Along with that offer, Thunderbird stores outgoing messages in a folder called Outbox in the Local Folders structure so they can be...sent later.

If that happens again, disconnect the computer from the Internet (remove any network cable from the computer or from the router or turn off the computer's wifi) before launching Thunderbird. Open the Outbox folder and delete any duplicates in that location before relaunching Thunderbird with Internet access restored.
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

Thanks. I'm 100% certain that is correct, as there was an Internet problem mainly owing to a thunderstorm, I think, just before this happened.

Thanks for the help and the info !
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

If you have the status bar displayed, there is an icon in the lower left corner that displays either two computers on top of each other (online) or the same two computers with an X (offline). Clicking on the icon (or going in the menus and selecting File–> Work offline) toggles from online to offline mode.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)