Thunderbird on new Win7 Pro installation

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
vineyridge

Thunderbird on new Win7 Pro installation

Post by vineyridge »

I downloaded and installed the newest available version of Thunderbird into a triple boot computer. I use Thunderbird on Ubuntu and Win7 Home Premium. They still work fine with the webmail mail providers, passwords, and user name. I can also access the providers independently with the same user name and passwords.

However, when I go to configure these same accounts in Win 7 Pro I keep getting messages that it cannot configure the accounts because of a bad user name or password. Is there anything that I can do about this? One is Yahoo and one is Vivaldi.
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird on new Win7 Pro installation

Post by DanRaisch »

If you are creating the accounts in that new installation from scratch, rather than copying over elements of the profile from the other OSs, have you confirmed all of the settings for port, authentication method, connection security, user name? The issue could be as simple as a comma where a period should be or transposed digits.
Also, are you running any security software in that environment that is not in use in the other Windows?
vineyridge

Post by vineyridge »

I would have no idea how to do all the things you suggest. I do have a copy of my Thunderbird appdata file from the other Windows, and can certainly paste it in Appdata in the right place. It just seemed easier not to have to do that when there was such an inviting and easy window that popped up.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You can access the required settings in the Thunderbird profile in either of the previously existing Thunderbird profiles. For the Win 7 Home Premium installation use menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings and review the values present for server name, port number, user name, authentication method, and connection security. Then reboot to the new Win 7 Pro installation and use the same menu path there to check the settings and change them, if necessary, to match those present for Win 7 Home Premium.