[EXT] S3.Translator

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [EXT] S3.Translator

Post by avada »

pag77 wrote:for Google Chrome - yes
for Firefox....
Well, this addon is far more useful for Firefox since Chrome has built in website translation that works reasonably well.
Thomas.Weber

Post by Thomas.Weber »

is it only me, or does 6.24 not work for youtube comments anymore? well, it does through the context menu, but the icons don't show.
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

pag77 wrote:Firefox moderators removed all versions due to the fact that I ask users to activate the collection of statistics.
So, I guess you should just stop asking and the add-on will be back.
I'm sure, many users are desperately waiting for it to be back.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

all over the years it was no problem with the stats because it was opt-out. but now? wtf.
anyhow ev'body is free to remove this stat option with code and to submit it - as a private extension - and to use it.
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

Brummelchen wrote:all over the years it was no problem with the stats because it was opt-out. but now? wtf.
anyhow ev'body is free to remove this stat option with code and to submit it - as a private extension - and to use it.
And this is supposed to help, why exactly? ](*,)
This add-on is just not available, currently, and neither is the possibility to disable that option. :(

Wtf. btw., is exactly what I've been wondering since the very day, FF57 was released.

No-one needs a Chrome clone.
Drtypws

Post by Drtypws »

I have version 6.19 installed. I can still translate full web pages without problems. The thing that changed is that I can't translate comments on Instagram anymore. And the floating box is nonexistent now. I tried the recovery method several times. I still can't translate the comments. Any suggestions?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

And this is supposed to help, why exactly? ](*,)
This add-on is just not available, currently, and neither is the possibility to disable that option.
not my part to explain details for you in special you never had understood it, i know your questions from camp-firefox where you always took the blame because of your attitude. if you dont know how to deactivate the stats option, then let it explained you from Oleksander, but he already did that in this thread, maybe he will cite it four you again.
No-one needs a Chrome clone.
thats what i tried to tell you - your attitude towards webextensions lacks knowledge - firefox and blink based browser share the same extension code thus those are same or similar.
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

@ Brummelchen
It seems too difficult for you to understand, doesn't it?
Nobody can deactivate an option of an unavailable addon, which, because of its unavailability, cannot be installed.
Again:
This addon is currently not available among the Mozilla addons, which is the most relevant page for users looking for addons.
And this addon won't be available again, as long as it keeps containing the mentioned stat feature,
so, from my point of view there's only one sensible solution, i.e. by removing the stat feature, done by Oleksandr, sorry.

About "my attitude":
I don't consider it my business as a user to learn coding css and js, or whatever, but it is however the developers job to create something, all users,
even those without coding skills, can handle FF with all its flexibility and comfort that FF was known for many years.

Look at the fast descending market share of FF 57+ and at how many people, i.e. users AND addon developers, gave up on FF, already,
and (maybe!) you'll see, there's something going severely wrong at Mozilla these days.

The problem is not my attitude (stop stating such lies!), but the lack of usability within FF57+.

Being forced to create scripts and files and folders or whatever, sucks as hell.
In previous FF's you just solved such issues by adding some addons or clicking some options.
In FF57+, it is definitely NOT usability, anymore!
As a matter of fact, FF57+ was obviously developed without regarding the users and their needs.

Rem.:
I know exactly what thread you are referring to, regarding "my attitude" (I strongly suggest to have a look at yours and the ones of your "friends").
I did exactly what the "how to" said (I did it many times), but it still didn't work, not even with a totally fresh installation,
So, even knowing you won't get it this time either, anyway, I'm telling you once more, it was NOT my fault, that it didn't work.
shimself

Post by shimself »

This is the 5.38 version for Thunderbird (60.04)

When I press AltV which should bring up View on the TB menu instead it brings up translate pane in the current message. Please use another key combo
Wilith

Post by Wilith »

S3 translator is great, I'm using it under the Opera browser.
In addition to this plug-in, I also use "Auto Copy" plugin - select by mouse and insert it immediately into the clipboard
Both add-ons work in common work, but use 2 add-ons is unnecessarily

Would it be possible to add functionality "Select and Copy" without confirmation to clipboard?

Thank you
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Wilith wrote:Would it be possible to add functionality "Select and Copy" without confirmation to clipboard?
S3.Translator - Settings - Translate text - Selected text - Display icons after selecting text: Show icon for copy text
Wilith

Post by Wilith »

pag77 wrote:
Wilith wrote:Would it be possible to add functionality "Select and Copy" without confirmation to clipboard?
S3.Translator - Settings - Translate text - Selected text - Display icons after selecting text: Show icon for copy text
TY, i know, but i need Select and autocopy without click to any icon
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Wilith wrote:TY, i know, but i need Select and autocopy without click to any icon
I'm sorry, but this functionality is not expected
richardglobal

Post by richardglobal »

I have translator 6.19 installed on this computer and like Thomas.Weber it will translate the whole page but not selected text or entered text, giving only 'Error connecting to server https://translate.google.com Try again.' I have 6.19 on another computer and it works perfectly with the same Linux OS and Firefox. I have downloaded 6.24 from dropbox but FF will not install it as it is unsigned. What can I do? This is such a good add-on that I would love to have it work!
richardglobal

Post by richardglobal »

I toggled the xpinstall.signatures.required setting in about:config which enabled me to install 6.24, which will now translate selected and entered text. Ghostery was blocking a tracker which stopped it translating the page but I've sorted that.