how to copy-paste text from firefox, with formatting

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
amirtal

how to copy-paste text from firefox, with formatting

Post by amirtal »

hi,

i have searched the web a lot and could not find any reply to the following question:
how do i copy text from firefox so that when i paste it in another html capable allication, the formatting will be saved?
this is possible in all other commercially available browsers (tested and confirmed on recent versions of chrome, safari, internet explorer and edge).

searching for this topic i do find many results on "how to copy/paste plain text in firefox".
this is not what i need or am looking for.

AFAIK this is the default behavior.. not sure why so many people are searching for this trivial option that is working as-is out of the box.
but to re-iterate, i want to opposite result, to keep text formatting.

this is open for a very long time, i found the same request originally posted at 'February 18th, 2005, 3:51 am' ,almost exactly 13 years (!)
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8&t=220985

any change of getting this feature in firefox as well?
it is very annoying having to open another browser every time i want to copy text from any browser window...

thanks,
Amir.
therube

Re: how to copy-paste text from firefox, with formatting

Post by therube »

Suppose it will depend on how your other html capable (or incapable) application handles the data it is presented with.

I copied this post & pasted it into (SeaMonkey's) Composer:

Not great, not bad.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
RobertJ

Re: how to copy-paste text from firefox, with formatting

Post by RobertJ »

amirtal wrote:this is open for a very long time, i found the same request originally posted at 'February 18th, 2005, 3:51 am' ,almost exactly 13 years (!)
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8&t=220985

any change of getting this feature in firefox as well?
it is very annoying having to open another browser every time i want to copy text from any browser window...

thanks,
Amir.
Mozillazine wrote:We folks are not part of Mozilla.
Established in 1998, MozillaZine is an independent Mozilla news, community and support site.
MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project.
Bottom line is that we can change nothing in the browser. And as therube noted,
therube wrote:Suppose it will depend on how your other html capable (or incapable) application handles the data it is presented with.
And the ability of the clipboard to keep the HTML/CSS formatting information.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6