news of arrival of email

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
americamba

news of arrival of email

Post by americamba »

I belong to a group that offers jobs to those of us on their list. However, I never get one because, although I am at the computer, I never see the invitation. i have been missing out for several years. I hope you can help.

I want to get a warning, a bell or whistle etc., when an invitation comers to me. So whenever I get an email from JoeBlow, I want to able to get to it and respond immediateyl.

Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: news of arrival of email

Post by DanRaisch »

Menu path Tools->Options->General->When new messages arrive:"->select the alert options you wish to use.
americamba

Post by americamba »

tHANKS, I would like to get alert that is trigerred by specific text in a specific field, like "from" or "subject" any chance of that? thanks again
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You could look for an extension but is no native functionality for that.
morat

Post by morat »

tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The MailboxAlert add-on at https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... rt/?src=ss "allows you to specify, for each seperate mail folder, a message, sound and/or a system command that will be executed when new mail is found there. ..." That would work well if you have a dedicated folder for all mail sent from that mailing list. You could create a simple message filter to automatically move any new mail from it to that folder when checking for new mail.

The add-on currently supports version 38.0 - 66.0.
americamba

Post by americamba »

Thanks friends,

Would the MailboxAlert suggested by tanstaafl give he audible signal when a mail goes to my new "xyz" mail folder? For me to check later is no help because I have to respond immediately to get the job that is announced before someone else gets it.

best, Frank
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You need to right click on a folder and select "Mailbox Alert" in the context menu to customize it for that folder. I tested it with a child folder and it seemed to work okay. I used the default sound, you can specify a *.wav file. You need to edit the alerts (disable them) for the parent folder (the inbox) if you only want to be alerted for new mail in your xyz folder.

https://tjeb.nl/Projects/Mailbox_Alert/Manual/