Hekasoft Backup

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
josegotme

Hekasoft Backup

Post by josegotme »

What do you think of Hekasoft backup for Firefox? The backup seems quite rapid. Anyone used it?
It appears that there is little interest in profile backup software.
therube

Re: Hekasoft Backup

Post by therube »

URL?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

Seems like overkill for me.

I simply backup (simply copy or ZIP) my Profile(s).

Does it work for you?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

..and their Privacy Policy is here... https://www.hekasoft.com/privacy-policy/
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

pepegot1 wrote:What do you think of Hekasoft backup for Firefox? The backup seems quite rapid. Anyone used it?
It appears that there is little interest in profile backup software.
I looked at it last year when I installed the Basilisk web browser (iirc, there was some sort of "offer" as a result of installing Basilisk the first time). Hekasoft Backup did offer like a dozen different pieces of software that it is able to the do backups for, but as I recall it didn't offer the option of selecting the Firefox Profile that I wanted to backup. It automatically went to the Default Profile with no option to select any other Profile. It did work on Basilisk, but not for other than the Default Profile in Basilisk either.

I didn't work with Hekasoft Backup enough to verify how well it worked overall with Firefox, or even Basilisk for that matter. The lack of being able to select the exact Profile I wanted to backup was a deal killer for me, as I leave the Default Browser on my system and the Default Profile in its' default state. I rarely even save more than a few bookmarks and never an addons in that version. Its use is limited to external applications that would use the "default web browser" needing a web browser to appear. IOW, it's there just to be there when it is called upon via the Windows OS.

Overall, I have had no issues over the last 15 (or so) years with merely saving the entire Firefox Local Profile folder. Plus a few times I saved the entire App Data folder for Mozilla Firefox to include the profiles.ini file AND all the Profiles, too.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

It now backs up Firefox quickly and TB too.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Getting a kick back?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"