forwarding attachments in the body of mails

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
shakushinnen

forwarding attachments in the body of mails

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi all,
When I press the forward button, the picture (which, in the original mail, appears in the body of the mail) now appears in the attachment box. How can I get attachments to be fowarded in the body of the mail?
Thanks,
..... john
shakushinnen

Re: forwarding attachments in the body of mails

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
Was I not clear in my description? If so, please tell me what I didn't explain well.
Or .... perhaps there's no fix for this?
Thanks,
..... john
addendum
I just forwarded the message to myself, and discovered that the image did go through in the body of the message; but it has a whole lot of code before the image. Below is a selection of the code.

Received-SPF: pass (domain of gmail.com designates 209.85.166.173 as permitted sender)
X-YMailISG: g9Mve.8WLDu_bAlZE4UK8YXu_nakbPE8jvgl8NYDjD1_fAxy 7gzdtAXMvYF0XvlGxuOsIJGXKWJmXjinJwanA9Wr1RzY4d.wQIdsoYgvGZtC uk5CCzpWl4UAFEPx__VYsiDEDQadCY3HEJ7OJS6cTNUlivJKD474Ha8dHDcu PrNJjswx06MgM9bdsGYPKQ4Wkp_t4yo3z1Eq_0KWX16IUQTxRrz8sm9yCjwS RG6wbbg__FVTEH8NY4_gneKlPWdVQbBk1JSMKUPs7jovPbVl4f4.2l.NZTrV euEMxoxNqtNRYobBtox1_42CkInTKLTaZMITqnKP33r.j4VUijzPs1CDNQql TacmDhNSzM2vPGFh5ZYWtQJ__6FraH8J7.v_UPDpKYeH7fFE_bzYCMhcmok0 ZmQsJ.51CVBp2.J01vVm5fV5pb.oUHbNwLt4uW9dwiKy3Ong9okozq1z7i0z weoFtBLsLxIE2rHnVuQTwC9xuKA5IZdBtKRw28y1TU4DSUr8DNUCypUJeVVr 9qwFnl0grba2Z3349DOkAF3VkdsGtawlQAbYFkHFRElpVkE1lhml6dccC9a.
morat

Post by morat »

I tried adding an image to a message by inserting an image, then saving the message to the Gmail IMAP Drafts folder. The forward message has the image in the body, not as an attachment. The forward message of a forward message has the image in the body as well.

I tried adding an image to a message as an attachment, then saving the message to the Gmail IMAP Drafts folder. The forward message has the image as an attachment. The forward message of a forward message has the image as an attachment as well.

I'm using the forward as inline command, not forward as attachment.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

1. Do you have View | Display attachments inline checked in your Thunderbird configuration? If so, any images sent as message attachments will be displayed as though they had been included in the original message as inline images when viewing via Thunderbird. They will still really be attachments, though, so when you forward the message they will go as attachments.
  2. Under Tools | Options | Composition | General do you have Forward messages set to "As Attachment"? If so the message you are forwarding will be sent as an attachment to a new outgoing message. If the original message consisted only of an inline image, the forwarded message's attachment could appear to a casual viewer to be just the image.
  3. Your "whole lot of code before the image" is just part of the behind the scenes message headers that are not normally shown when reading your mail. The "X-YMailISG:" header is a custom header added by Yahoo as it checks incoming messages for spam. "iSG" in the header name stands for "incoming Spam Guard". The gobbledegook in the header following the colon is the result codes of all the checks it ran on the message.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers