General Error SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
James

Re: General Error SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Post by James »

That is not Open Source and unless desperate, I do not think kerz would want to change forum software.

Kerz has said it is more to do with shared database issues and such.
DavidOE

Post by DavidOE »

It may not have an open source licence, but it's as good as open source: http://www.simplemachines.org/about/opensource.php

I simply know from experience that the problems this forum is continually experiencing have plagued phpBB for many, many years. "Desperate" is rather subjective, but a dead website multiple times a day seems like good enough reason to start looking for alternative solutions.

http://fluxbb.org/ is open source and also very good.
James

Post by James »

This forum has only encountered these issues more recently due to shared database issues and not for a long time as you may think as phpBB has been in use for mozillaZine forum since November 4th 2002.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
sharma

Post by sharma »

Indeed, it's great data that there are ppl chipping away at it:) Have had this about once per day, yet for the most part when I'm searching for some information on theming gathering :D It may bother, however, I can live with it - I believe there's a significant number of clients on this discussion and considerably more strings and so forth so issues will undoubtedly surface.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking this thread from 8 years ago.