Show "Open All in Tabs" in "Other Bookmarks"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Supermax

Show "Open All in Tabs" in "Other Bookmarks"

Post by Supermax »

Regular bookmark folders contain a clickable section at the bottom that opens all of the bookmarks in tabs.

How can I enable this for the "Other Bookmarks" folder?

I am sure that I have seen it there in the past, but it was removed.
the-edmeister

Re: Show "Open All in Tabs" in "Other Bookmarks"

Post by the-edmeister »

I still have that Open All in Tabs menu item for the Other Bookmarks folder.

Exactly which Bookmarks menu doesn't that Open All in Tabs menu item appear for you?
Sidebar ? // Menu Bar drop-down ? // Navigation toolbar button (and which one) ? // Library window ?

Perhaps you did a customization to Firefox &/or Bookmarks that keeps that Menu item from showing?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Right mouse button click on "Other Bookmarks" gives me open all in tabs
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Supermax

Post by Supermax »

I don't believe I have done any customisations, I don't have any add-ins installed related to bookmarks.
It doesn't appear when I navigate via Toolbar -> Bookmarks Menu Icon (Star with line underneath) -> Other Bookmarks (4th item down).
This folder appears to be a special folder since it has an icon next to it whereas normal folders don't.

I also don't have an option when I right click to open all in tabs from within this folder.
Yes, when you right click on the "Other Bookmarks" folder there is an option "Open All in Tabs", but this actually opens all of the bookmarks from the root level of the Bookmarks hierarchy and not inside the "Other Bookmarks" folder.

Ok something really strange is going on - Now the option is there??
Seems like it is appearing / dissapearing for some reason?
It was there a few days ago, then I noticed it dissapeared ysterday, when I made this post today it was still gone, and now it's back again.

The only thing I can think is that my Firefox account is synced between 2 computers, maybe something strange going on there?
Last edited by Supermax on March 6th, 2019, 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Supermax

Post by Supermax »

And today it's gone again.
Supermax

Post by Supermax »

Is there somewhere else I should ask for support on this issue?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can try to create a new smart folder with a place query in the Bookmarks Menu folder or on the Bookmarks Toolbar that shows the "Other Bookmarks" to see if that shows an "Open All in Tabs" option.
You need to do a Cut and Paste to another folder or close and restart Firefox to make this folder work as a smart folder.

Code: Select all

place:folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

If the problem is on the menu that drops from the Bookmarks Menu toolbar button, there is an interaction with Customize. If you call up Customize in the same window and close it immediately, "Open All in Tabs" will then appear at the end of the Other Bookmarks list. This quirky behavior is only for that window.