New Tab sometimes doesn't redraw/refresh properly

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Exoteeth

New Tab sometimes doesn't redraw/refresh properly

Post by Exoteeth »

This started happening around the time 65.0.2 came out. I am using CSS but I've been using this same CSS for almost a year and never had this problem until last week,

It happens randomly when clicking the New tab "+". on two different PC's.

One of my PC's specs...

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
Intel I7-6700K Asus Z170-WS
16GB Samsung 3200MHZ Memory
Samsung SSD
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

It only happens with latest FF and New Tab. I might roll back to the previous version for further troubleshooting.
the-edmeister

Re: New Tab sometimes doesn't redraw/refresh properly

Post by the-edmeister »

That appears to be gross changes to the New Tab page, many changes that could be done thru Options for the New Tab / Homepage; and you didn't specifically mention what is different in Firefox 65.0.2 for you over previous versions of Quantum.

IMO, you should look into the CSS code you are using rather than going back for investigating that issue. I have seen no other support threads about a new problem with the New Tab page, even where the user customized that page, but Firefox 65 did introduce some changes to the tab bar and the title bar that have broken other users CSS customizations in those areas of the browser user interface.

Or maybe ask about that over here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/
That sub-Reddit has the greatest number of postings about using CSS to customize Firefox Quantum that I have seen floating around.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Exoteeth

Re: New Tab sometimes doesn't redraw/refresh properly

Post by Exoteeth »

Funny how it just started a week ago. In fact, it happened right after trying a new theme. At first I blamed it on the theme (from addons.mozilla.org) and went back to my old one but the problem stayed.

EDIT... Ok, I just removed my CSS files and BOOM, it happened after watching a youtube video and then opening a new tab. So it has nothing to do with that. However, when I removed my theme completely I could not get it to do it. I tried for 15 minutes to no avail. So something to do with 65.0.2 and themes.