WMF VPX video decoding is disabled due to a previous crash

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Franpa

WMF VPX video decoding is disabled due to a previous crash

Post by Franpa »

WMF VPX video decoding is disabled due to a previous crash.
CP+[GFX1-]: WMF VPX video decoding is disabled due to a previous crash.

That appears in about:support, there is a "Reset on next Restart" button above it with the name wmfvpxvideoCrashGuard that clears the errors when clicked... but eventually the errors will re-occur. I've no clue what is causing it.

Windows 10 x64 v1809
Geforce 1070Ti (Nvidia 419.35)
Intel i7 920
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi)|16GB 3600MHz RAM|Nvidia Geforce 1070Ti 8GB|Corsair AX760 Power Supply
TheVisitor

Re: WMF VPX video decoding is disabled due to a previous cra

Post by TheVisitor »

Odd feature. I'm running latest Nightly build and checked 'about:support' and mine was Disabled as well with 'Reset on next Restart'. Unsure what that meant I closed browser and opened it again and it was still disabled. Clicking the Reset button did clear the error in about:support but what is strange there was no visual indication to the end-user that it was disabled. I had never beard of it before so would never have found that.

Does that mean if its disabled there is no 'crash-guard' running? Like I said 'strange feature'.

This is the bug that created the crash-guard: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1521370 just for FYI. I have not read the entire bug its lengthy.
BobbyPhoenix

Re: WMF VPX video decoding is disabled due to a previous cra

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

Just came across this. Thanks for the bug link.
Do, or do not. There is no try.