Firefox Quantum on tray?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
abarth

Firefox Quantum on tray?

Post by abarth »

hi
is it still possible to send firefox quantum to a tray?
kerft

Re: Firefox Quantum on tray?

Post by kerft »

Extensions for minimize to system tray will not work. However, using a windows utility to minimize to system tray may work. This tutorial using a fork of rbtray worked for Thunderbird 60, try it: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3041371
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

The RBTray fork does work in getting Firefox Quantum sent to the system tray.
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

abarth wrote:hi
is it still possible to send firefox quantum to a tray?
I tried the RBTray and also RBTRay Portable, with my Firefox Quantum, and they did not work, but I did find 4T Minimize, and it works great, with Firefox and also Windows 10. You have to install it but, it's the first extention that works with Firefox Quantum and Windows 10, since they went to the newer versions. 8-)
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

I'll take your word for that CaJazzman. I'm on Windows 7, so is the OP, so I would think, RBTray would likely work for the OP too.

In any case, the program you mention is actually called 4t Tray Minimizer -- for anyone that wants to give it a whirl.
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

BuddhaNature wrote:I'll take your word for that CaJazzman. I'm on Windows 7, so is the OP, so I would think, RBTray would likely work for the OP too.

In any case, the program you mention is actually called 4t Tray Minimizer -- for anyone that wants to give it a whirl.
Yes, thanks for my mistake, I knew I should have posted it correctly, but still good catch. Also, you all on 7 if it works, great, at least now those on 10, will know, that at least one other has it working. I just wish I could get Colorful Tabs back, but, I've tried in so many ways, but still a no go. But, at least I can colorize the active tab, just wish I could get the other tabs to change randomly. But, again, Thanks a Bunch! 8-)