Upload speeds dropped from 11Mb down to 7Mb

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
videobruce

Upload speeds dropped from 11Mb down to 7Mb

Post by videobruce »

I don't know what to make of this.
In the past 2 weeks (more or less), my uploads speeds have dropped from 11Mbps down to 7Mbps which doesn't seem much except that's a 30+% drop. I have down a few test uploads using a single large jpeg (16MB) and it tops out at 7Mb.

My ISP is Spectrum and it's their e-mail server that I'm using.

Now, I ran speed tests using FF v56 and those speeds vary from as little as 1Mbps (yes one Mb) to 10-11Mb depending on the test site. I ten ran the same tests using SeaMonkey & PaleMoon, all of those tests seem fairly constant around 10-11 Mb. But all of that doesn't account for TB's e-mail upload being slow.

I called Spectrum,using their test site that gave me as low as a 1Mb speed and as high as 5-6Mb depending on when I ran the test. I do have a service call setup, but I can guess where they will put the blame.
I did remove my Router from the mix, that didn't seem to make any difference.

What on earth would/could affect just upload speeds and not download?? ](*,)
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
videobruce

Re: Upload speeds dropped from 11Mb down to 7Mb

Post by videobruce »

My service is 100/10Mb and download is fairly constant at around 117-118Mb according to the tests & BitMeter which I run all the time.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
LIMPET235

Re: Upload speeds dropped from 11Mb down to 7Mb

Post by LIMPET235 »

Duplicate, X post, locking. Continue the discussion here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3049077
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)