Intermittent Upload Issues for BlockChain Sites 66.0.3

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BuzWeaver

Intermittent Upload Issues for BlockChain Sites 66.0.3

Post by BuzWeaver »

Since the 66.0.3 build on April 10th I've been having upload issues with Dtube and BitChute. The typical error is "No Video Attached" or standard "IPFS" error or other intermittent upload issues. It doesn't matter if I run in Default mode (FF), I'm still getting the errors. With BitChute it's hit or miss with Dtube its nearly every video. Dtube can be fickle as videos need to be compressed and comply with IPFS upload servers. This has not been an issue on other Browsers.
dfoulkes

Re: Intermittent Upload Issues for BlockChain Sites 66.0.3

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't upload vids so I can't help you there... when you say 'run in Default mode' do you mean that FF was put into safe-mode? ... also, have you tried a new test profile with no changes to it?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

dfoulkes wrote: when you say 'run in Default mode' do you mean that FF was put into safe-mode? ... also, have you tried a new test profile with no changes to it?
Yes, by default mode I mean Safe Mode. No, I've not tried a new profile because it's a little cumbersome to setup. Thanks for the reply.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

BuzWeaver wrote:
dfoulkes wrote: when you say 'run in Default mode' do you mean that FF was put into safe-mode? ... also, have you tried a new test profile with no changes to it?
Yes, by default mode I mean Safe Mode. No, I've not tried a new profile because it's a little cumbersome to setup. Thanks for the reply.
Cumbersome? ... in that setting up the upload part or just creating a test profile... a new test profile (used as is for testing) takes about 30 seconds to create... testing with it at least tells you if it's something in your main profile that is causing the issue...
Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

If it's a known bug I'm sure others around here with more detailed knowledge of the latest Firefox post something.
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

After two attempts to upload to BitChute with my main profile I did make a BuzTest profile. The upload went well with no issues, however, it is intermittent with BitChute. I've not tried with Steemit/Dtube because while I'm uploading and such I need to be using my main profile for marketing and PR. I'm not trying to be difficult as you're attempting to help me troubleshoot, its that I need my main profile up to manage all the titles, descriptions and other aspects to the initial upload. At some point I suppose I could just do a Clean Uninstall and Reinstall, but I may do that if the next update doesn't correct the issue.

Side Note: I know that Firefox has disabled the Dissenter app about the time of this most recent update, but I'm guessing the two issues are unrelated.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You are not being difficult. That new profile says something... what, I don't know because I don't upload but there are some real sharp people around here that could probably put their fingers right on the problem/fix... sorry, I don't have that deep level of FF.... let's hope that some of those people come along here.

Also, if you havn't do so already you might want to do a general net-search for some like Firefox 66 has problems uploading... or something like that.
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

Update: I did a standard Uninstall/Re-install (without deleting all the FF folder) and on the first try uploading to both BitChute and Dtbue I ddin't have any issues. So far so good.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Then it sounds like the core-Firefox program got messed up some how... Stuff happens in this world... let's hope that it keeps on trucking with no problems.