Sent Messages Not in Sent Folder

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
DanRaisch

Re: Sent Messages Not in Sent Folder

Post by DanRaisch »

Try changing the target for saving Sent messages for this account to the Sent folder of the other account. This is just as a test, not intended to be a permanent solution.
wpr

Post by wpr »

That's a good idea, but it does not result in the copy being saved either. My short term solution is to BCC to one of my other accounts. Not elegant, but works. I'm open to other suggestions.
wpr

Post by wpr »

I currently have three email accounts in SeaMonkey, and only one of them is not keeping the copies that it should.

I tried checking the 'BCC these email addresses:' and putting one of my others in, but that didn't work either.

I don't want to do this, but should I just delete this problematic account (after saving the email files), and then recreating it? The real pain of doing this is not having the accounts in the order I want; I wish SM had move account buttons, like various file management software has.

Any other ideas on how to correct this problem?
wpr

Post by wpr »

It's been over four months and I still haven't solved my problem here. Here's a short summary of the problem:

I have three email accounts. Only one of them will not keep a copy of the sent message in the Sent folder if I am replying to a note or forwarding it. A new message will keep the copy as desired. I've done a lot of testing on this and haven't been able to solve it. To cope, I've been doing a BCC (when I remember) to one of my other emails and then moving the message from the second email's Inbox to the first email's Sent folder (not elegant but it works).

Anyone have any ideas?