"Live your Life Own your Life" yeah right Mozilla

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
allstock

"Live your Life Own your Life" yeah right Mozilla

Post by allstock »

Force us to update to the latest. Disabling all of our add-ons.

EDIT: I've tried numerous workarounds including changing about config and changing .json files - none of them work.
Now I've decided to move to Waterfox.

Second EDIT: Download and startup was seamless and yess..all my addons are enabled. Everything migrated except for settings. Easily updated since you already are a ff user. Water is based off of 56.2.9 and has the 57 patches they do update. Totally awesome so far! No, I'm not the dev or anything else for them. Just another disappointed EX-ff user. Don't know if it's in my head but it also seems a tad quicker. Who knows...I'm happy as a clam.

One caveat is that I removed one of my add-ons in Mozilla earlier so it wasn't there to migrate. So in a waterfox you don't have direct access to the current add-on database. But I quickly found that all I needed to do was use the proper URL and downloaded it direct from mozilla's site. They also seem to have a separate dbase for legacy add-ons that I didn't check out.

**Also, If you made any personal mods to configs you need to update those as well.

Still, totally happy and pleased. This post will probably get banned now or something. Wouldn't surprise me but it is NOT and endorsement I am just sharing my experience and solution. I know I'm not the only one. Good luck

Another cool thing I found that they removed all the telemetry!
Last edited by allstock on May 5th, 2019, 1:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: "Live your Life Own your Life" yeah right Mozilla

Post by malliz »

Whatever
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
ronbo

Post by ronbo »

Yea it relly pi--ed me off too. I'm useing 52.9 with updates disabled. I don't want to even know when an update has been issued. The designed this browser, so they have their backdoor in full swing. This should be illegal. Isn't this like a hacker, breaking into your system and destroying your data. Maybe we should join a class action against these a--holes!
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Seriously? You paid how much?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
allstock

Post by allstock »

@ Ronbo, is there a way to prevent mozilla from disabling our add-ons and revert to the way things were before?

@ the dog guy. Perfect reply for a mozilla sycophant. Intelligent.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

If you knew anything about me you would know I have ripped mozilla plenty of times on this forum I also know the basics of common law and eula's
Something that seems to elude you
"Terry Pratchett"
allstock

Post by allstock »

Maybe I should be more clear. I'm looking for a solution to this mess.

okay that's great that you ripped mozilla plenty. Can you troll a different thread?