FF v66.3 Win dumped my Adblock and Ghostery

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
dr.watson

FF v66.3 Win dumped my Adblock and Ghostery

Post by dr.watson »

My FF 66.3 updated itself yesterday and disabled all my extensions ](*,)
1Password
AdBlock + AdBlock Plus
BitDefender Wallet
S.3 translator
So when I try to download them keeps saying download failed. Have always loved FF but am dissapointed andhave to use Chrome.
Any ideas why this has happened,
Cheers
Elementary...

ASROCK H470 Custom, i5-4.3Ghz, Patriot 32GB ram, LC-Power 1Tb M.2 SSD NVME, 2 X Samsung 1Tb Evo 870, Win11 Pro, TB always latest stable.
BuddhaNature

Re: FF v66.3 Win dumped my Adblock and Ghostery

Post by BuddhaNature »

Puppy2012, the links given in that thread allowing downloading a later version of Firefox are now dead. They did work at one time but I suspect Mozilla pulled the plug on it.

Dr. Watson, to get a temporary fix see this Mozilla Blog page: Update Regarding Add-ons in Firefox

For a reasonable thread (there are quite a lot of them) on MozillaZine dealing with this see: "Missing something? Some extensions are no longer supported"
mtalbot

Post by mtalbot »

A simple temporary fix is to change xpinstall.signatures.required to false (restarting FF after this change is optional but recommended). Remember to change the setting back to true once Mozilla fix the problem.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

Many thanks to you all for the info. Made the change as advised and got them back.
Made a note to revert when issue is resolved but what notification from MZ should I look out for to say fix
is done so I can revert temporary changes.
Ciao
Elementary...

ASROCK H470 Custom, i5-4.3Ghz, Patriot 32GB ram, LC-Power 1Tb M.2 SSD NVME, 2 X Samsung 1Tb Evo 870, Win11 Pro, TB always latest stable.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

dr.watson wrote:My FF 66.3 updated itself yesterday and disabled all my extensions ](*,)
1Password
AdBlock + AdBlock Plus
BitDefender Wallet
S.3 translator
So when I try to download them keeps saying download failed. Have always loved FF but am dissapointed andhave to use Chrome.
Any ideas why this has happened,
Cheers
upgrade to version 66.0.5, dr.watson. Mozilla had to release two updates in a row for Firefox 66 to completely fix the disabled addons problem due to expired mozilla certificates
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

All fixed now. Thanks to all for temporary fixes.
Elementary...

therube

Post by therube »

(
A simple temporary fix is to change xpinstall.signatures.required to false
Incorrect - for a FF 66 user.
[That should work for a FF 52 ESR user.]
)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript