MozillaZine

Custom History Clearing AddOn?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
D.Dancer

Post Posted May 14th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Like what the title implies, I'm looking for an add-on that does pattern matching history clearing where I can load up the patterns that I want erased and the add-on clears my history of the specified patterns.

Code: Select all
*yahoo.com*
*facebook*
comic*
(I read a LOT of comic sites, ...)

I try to keep up with it using the All History browser, on occasions I've forgotten and found somewhere like 2,000+ sites matching, say, comic, ...

Brummelchen

Post Posted May 15th, 2019, 1:27 am

There is one, but not afterward, only current tabs.
users using outdated and vulnerable software probably never will get an answer from me - sticked with the past? stay alone. foe means you are and idiot from my view.

dfoulkes

Post Posted May 15th, 2019, 7:13 am

I use this addon to remove history over 40 days but I don't have it look for any patterns. BUT, I see in its Welcome page where the user can enter in lines of code such as you mentioned... I don't know if it works or if entries of those expressions are instantaneous against history... or?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... utodelete/
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!

Brummelchen

Post Posted May 15th, 2019, 7:22 am

thats what i have installed, but it dont work into the past, only from point of installation when regex meets website.

D.Dancer

Post Posted May 17th, 2019, 11:35 am

dfoulkes wrote:I use this addon to remove history over 40 days but I don't have it look for any patterns. BUT, I see in its Welcome page where the user can enter in lines of code such as you mentioned... I don't know if it works or if entries of those expressions are instantaneous against history... or?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... utodelete/

That, I entered a few expressions and it wipes them from the history list, instantly or at least on close of current session, did not test that.

dfoulkes

Post Posted May 17th, 2019, 9:20 pm

D.Dancer wrote:That, I entered a few expressions and it wipes them from the history list, instantly or at least on close of current session, did not test that.

Does you last post mean that it does what for you need? ... not sure I'm reading it right.
Last edited by dfoulkes on May 18th, 2019, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pintassilgo

Post Posted May 18th, 2019, 1:12 am

D.Dancer

Post Posted June 9th, 2019, 11:17 am

dfoulkes wrote:
D.Dancer wrote:That, I entered a few expressions and it wipes them from the history list, instantly or at least on close of current session, did not test that.

Does you last post mean that it does what for you need? ... not sure I'm reading it right.
Not quite, it's zapping on creation, what I was looking for was a Push This Button and zap all history matching the RegExp.

dfoulkes

Post Posted June 10th, 2019, 9:47 am

Did you see the post by pintassilgo above ... maybe that one does what you want.

Return to Firefox Features