How do I switch my seamonkey email client from POP to IMAP?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
jgreer

How do I switch my seamonkey email client from POP to IMAP?

Post by jgreer »

I've been having a lot of trouble accessing my email from gmail to my seamonkey email client. It's been going on for a while.

I was told that changing the settings from POP to IMAP could be the solution. How do I do that and save all my messages, folders, address book, etc.? I'm not a techie so will need lots of step-by-step directions - with pictures if possible.

Thanks.
TPR75

Re: How do I switch my seamonkey email client from POP to IM

Post by TPR75 »

jgreer wrote:I've been having a lot of trouble accessing my email from gmail to my seamonkey email client. It's been going on for a while.

I was told that changing the settings from POP to IMAP could be the solution.
You don't need to switch POP to IMAP account but you must change setting on Gmail to make it work with e.g. SeaMonkey Mail:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3024008
--
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

I've done all of that many times and it still wouldn't work. The only thing I discovered is that possibly the emails were being forwarded to another email account I had. Mozilla's forums suggested I check for filtered emails as the possible cause of the problem. I did and found y old email address that ws supposedly having my emails from gmail sent to it. So I deleted it.

Nothing to do now but wait and see. I'll let you know.
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

I just checked gmail and have two messages there that won't go to my seamonkey email client even if I click "get messages" repeatedly.
Now what?