Way to see if e-mail is opened

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Way to see if e-mail is opened

Post by ep2012 »

Hi there,

I already know & have read receipt active, so this has nothing to do with that.

Is there an add-on that will tell me whether the person read the e-mail?

Read receipt doesn't work with every e-mail or e-mail client, plus the person can always click "no."

This is not for gmail & even the feature on gmail only works with the biz account.

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
tanstaafl

Re: Way to see if e-mail is opened

Post by tanstaafl »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Figuring_out_ ... ur_message

No. You'd need to sign up for a email service that embeds a graphics image too tiny for the person to notice in the message, and figures out whether a person read a message by seeing if they fetched that remote image. However, even that can be blocked by disabling remote images or configuring the email client to display it as plain text.
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Re: Way to see if e-mail is opened

Post by ep2012 »

tanstaafl wrote:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Figuring_out_ ... ur_message

No. You'd need to sign up for a email service that embeds a graphics image too tiny for the person to notice in the message, and figures out whether a person read a message by seeing if they fetched that remote image. However, even that can be blocked by disabling remote images or configuring the email client to display it as plain text.
Ok, I think I found a service that offers this. I will try to remember to post back once I've tested it out.

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!