Google Maps - Mouse Drag not Working

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
baumgrenze

Google Maps - Mouse Drag not Working

Post by baumgrenze »

I am running:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180713174829
under Win7/Pro x64.
Help About says I am 'up to date.'

Today I opened Google Maps and I can no longer recenter the map with the mouse (right/left mouse button and drag) but the technique works in Chrome.

Did something change?

thanks
baumgrenze
DanRaisch

Re: Google Maps - Mouse Drag not Working

Post by DanRaisch »

Works fine here with version 2.49.4. Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
baumgrenze

Post by baumgrenze »

Is it possible to open an instance of Mozilla Safe Mode without otherwise making changes to the way the program works? It was not clear to me from my reading of the link.

Is there an established way to check to see what changes I might have implemented? I've tried to keep it simple.

thanks,
baumgrenze
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Keep in mind that Safe Mode is not intended to be a solution to any problems but only a diagnostic mode to help determine what may be causing the problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoting dfoulkes:

-- What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
therube

Post by therube »

If you changed (spoofed) your useragent (like by using 'Trident') to adjust for other "oddities" found when using "google", that may also be affecting Google Maps.

general.useragent.override.google.com
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript