MSNBC AND FIREFOX AGAIN

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kevs

MSNBC AND FIREFOX AGAIN

Post by kevs »

I think I'm only one who watches MSNBC, here, the worst video engine of any network, still, Safari, with workaround of right click open new tab seems to work. I cannot get FF to play nice with MSNBC AT ALL.

Forget about flash and downloading that all that crp.... But at least right click open new tab works.. did in FF, not only Safari. Any clues?
MAC USER
kerft

Re: MSNBC AND FIREFOX AGAIN

Post by kerft »

On sites that steal right click menus, in Firefox, sometimes middle click will still work. Let's say you have no middle click wheel button. Hold cmd and click to open in a new tab.
kevs

Post by kevs »

THANKS! did not understand one word though.
MAC USER
kerft

Post by kerft »

It sounds like you want to open your links from msnbc in new tabs. Often, right click would work. But on some sites it won't. For those sites, hold the CMD key whilie click the link to open it in a new tab. The CMD key has a funny X / clover on it.
kevs

Post by kevs »

Nothing to do with issue. thanks.
MAC USER
therube

Post by therube »

I think I'm only one who watches MSNBC
You are.
Everyone here is conservative, so no one here watches that left-wing, right-wing blabber.

Anyhow, how about a URL to a video, never know, I might like it ;-).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
kevs

Post by kevs »

thanks Rube, that's what I thought. Here
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/episod ... l-episodes

Note it total mess/ disaster terrible video engine. Wont work if click video. all this nonsense about downloading flash, which does not help. Yet if you right click into a new tab it used to work ok in firefox, but no more consistently. YET it does work, with right click new tab trick in Safari? Any clues? Some issue MSNBC AND Firefox?
MAC USER
therube

Post by therube »

Looks to be working just fine on my end.
Doing nothing special.
I can't imagine that (virtually) any site out there is still using Flash. (Flash just updated today, BTW.)
(I certainly did not have Flash running @msnbc.)

(Restart in Safe Mode to rule out extension interference.)
Clue. Create a new, clean Profile.
Verify that all works as expected.
Figure out what convoluted settings your existing Profile is using & set them straight.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
kevs

Post by kevs »

SORRY RUBE, way to much work for me to deal this Cr...ola site.

But I seem to find FF does not work well with MSNBC vs other browsers.

You concur, it's just garbarge, video engine system they have?
MAC USER
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

It's difficult to use major news sites if you have content blockers. So much unblocking.

That main page seems to be stuck in the past. It wants to play an old story. Loading the story headline in a new tab (right-click > Open link in New Tab) works for me as a workaround. http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/ ... 1697093712

Does the menu work for you, just the other shortcut isn't working any more?

Note: I did have to start the video because I don't have an autoplay exception for the site.
kevs

Post by kevs »

Thanks Jshder, yes story is an old one an new ones start below. Pathetic. Million dollar company. Also notice not on SSL yet. What gives? They don't care. Wish they put all content on YouTube as PBS does.

Anyway, there are some great show, but notice we have to do a workaround right? Right click/ tab..

But, for me, FF is not stable the ads get stuck, videos don't start- even with workaround., Safari seems to work better. Try it do you notice difference? (if on Mac)
MAC USER
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Hi kevs, I'll take your word for it. Or someone needs to send me a Mac. ;-)