M&T Online Banking is temporarily unavailable.

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
videobruce

M&T Online Banking is temporarily unavailable.

Post by videobruce »

Due to another website 'fixing' something that wasn't 'broke, M&T online banking is rejecting login access using Seamonkey (and Firefox) returning this incomplete error message in the thread title. Instead of telling the full story, it leads one to believe the entire site is down which I now know isn't true. (Reminds me of typical M$ error messages where the message is utterly useless the way it's worded. :roll:

I contacted them and was told Seamonkey & Firefox (but NOT Pale Moon) are affected. They are working on it. I first noticed this 3 days ago (6/9/19) when I tried to login. I also noticed their login page had a slightly different look.

Just a FYI for anyone having an account with them.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
Brummelchen

Re: M&T Online Banking is temporarily unavailable.

Post by Brummelchen »

i dont think its firefox, chromium tells me that too. they have trouble with it, not us.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Chrome dome is restricted also?? :shock:
Now that's a first. :roll:

The CSR I spoke to started with a list of working browsers starting with Idiot Exploiter. With that, I stopped him, since the credibly level just went into the toilet. He/they didn't blame FF, just that whatever change(s) that were made (I assume for security or at least some 'artsy-fartsy' visual change done to their post teenager designed white-washed branch make-over) are the problem.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
therube

Post by therube »

(Heh.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

You could install Pale Moon to work with that one site till they straighten it out.

Quantum Firefox doesn't have a Menu Bar either, nor does Opera. It's a contagious disease.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
firebill

Post by firebill »

Hello videobruce,

I happen to be a M&T user as well - the other day I found the message you describe. For me this was corrected by using the standard policy for content blocking. If you use custom settings I got it working by using "only in privet windows" at the top and third party trackers under cookies.

Hope this helps
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:You could install Pale Moon to work with that one site till they straighten it out.
I already have it installed which is why I stated PM does work.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

firebill wrote:Hello videobruce,
I happen to be a M&T user as well - the other day I found the message you describe. For me this was corrected by using the standard policy for content blocking. If you use custom settings I got it working by using "only in privet windows" at the top and third party trackers under cookies.
Are you referring to SM or FF?
I rarely use SM even thou it's less of a hog FF is, but it's missing a key function which makes it almost a non-starter. That is "Simplify Page" in Print Preview. :evil:
How on earth did you ever discover that? :?: Is there an equivalent in FF?

BTW, it's still not fixed. :-"
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I use the extension "PrintFriendly and PDF" instead of Simplify. See if it works with 56.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

It's only for FF, I would need it for SM. I have v2.49
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to the Tech. forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Good move since this has to do with BOTH FF & SM, not jut SM. Especially since there are for more FF users then SM.
firebill

Post by firebill »

Are you referring to SM or FF?
I rarely use SM even thou it's less of a hog FF is, but it's missing a key function which makes it almost a non-starter. That is "Simplify Page" in Print Preview. :evil:
How on earth did you ever discover that? :?: Is there an equivalent in FF?

I use FF - I found this when you originally posted it and wanted to help. I just got lucky finding it, I tried the site in an edge private window and it worked so I experimented with the content blocking settings as a possible source.

Using the standard policy did not surprise me, what did is seeing that you can set to block trackers in privet windows (means OK in standard windows to me) and engage the cookie polity to block third party trackers and see the site work.

I am not into site coding and not deep technical in browser tech, so not sure if its M&T or FF - your response from M&T indicates they are receiving complaints and blocking third party trackers is "normal" in my eyes.

firebill
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Exactly where are these settings you mentioned located?? I don't see them under Tools/Options/Privacy & Security.
I don't use Private Browsing.
firebill

Post by firebill »

I am using 67.0.2 quantum on windows 64 bit PC (thinking we are not using the same release)

Options>Privacy and security>content blocking

Chose - the standard radio button (works) or as mentioned above in Custom

Tried to figure out an attachment or screen shot and was unsuccessful as of yet