Google calendar lost it's colour

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
cecr

Google calendar lost it's colour

Post by cecr »

A quick search revealed this was due to me setting "Override the colours specified by teh content with my selections above" to ALWAYS so that url links in my emails show a different colopur if I have visited them.

Disabling that setting (Options/Display/Colours) brought colour back to Google calandar. There is another option for that setting which is for use with High Contrast Themes only. I haven't been able to find a high contrast theme unaffected by that setting using TB 60.7.0 Anyone know of any likely to work?

Is there a workround so that I can override show the colour of links (different for visited/unvisited) and still have Google calendar in colour?
DanRaisch

Re: Google calendar lost it's colour

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum.
cecr

Post by cecr »

Why move it to calendar forum? This isn't an issue with the TB calendar. The Google calendar is presented via a function within TB, it isn't part of TB at all.

The issue is about how TB displays colour and how its settings work, specifically, the settings for displaying links.
morat

Post by morat »

How do you open the Google calendar?

Do you open the Google calendar with a non-Lightning extension?

Open Google Calendar
http://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/986386
cecr

Post by cecr »

hi morat. for some reason when visiting this site, I've had a message that my IP has been banned till October 2019. Don't know why but somehow it's gone and I can log in. Hence the delay in responding.

I access the calendar via "Open Google Calendar v1.0" - https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... src=search

The calendar displays perectly fine with each calendar in its own colour. As soon as Tools/Options/Colour/Override colours is set to 'always' then the calendar loses it's colours and displays white only.

The same thing happens with Lightening as well.

The lightenhing calendar I found to be slow as it has to sync with the Google calendar which is the mother calendar. The google access is directly to the calendar so changes show up almost immediately, both ways.

This is an issue with the way TB displays colours, not a calendar issue IMHO.

The reason why I would like that setting changeing is because I get lots of emails with links in them. Some of the links are repeated in subsequent emails. Overriding the colours allows the links to change colour if the site has already been visited. Otherwise the links are the same colour regardless of if they've been visited or not. Consequently, I waste time visiting sites I've already been to.
morat

Post by morat »

The following tweak should change the link colors on pages using the IMAP, MAILBOX and NEWS protocols, but not on pages using the HTTPS protocol. The Google Calendar page uses the HTTPS protocol.

Tools > Options > Display > Formatting > Colors

Override the colors specified by the content with my selections above: Never

And...

Code: Select all

/* Thunderbird userContent.css */

@-moz-document url-prefix("imap:"), url-prefix("mailbox:"), url-prefix("news:") {
  a:link    { color: gold !important; }
  a:visited { color: pink !important; }
  a:hover   { color: lime !important; }
  a:active  { color: aqua !important; }
}
http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserContent.css
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp
cecr

Post by cecr »

Thanks a million morat, that works a treat! Amazing.
morat

Post by morat »

You're welcome.