How do I increase the font size for incoming mail?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Janesdf

How do I increase the font size for incoming mail?

Post by Janesdf »

Hi,

I switched to Linux Mint 19.1 a week ago and installed Thunderbird Mail. I can increase the font size for mail I am composing, however, the font size for incoming mail is entirely too small. Where is the option to increase font size for incoming mail only as I could not find it in settings or accounts.

Thank you.
tanstaafl

Re: How do I increase the font size for incoming mail?

Post by tanstaafl »

Change the font/font size in existing messages by using Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced, set the "minimum font size" and consider also unchecking "allow messages to use other fonts". If you are using Linux, Tools -> Options is replaced by Edit -> Preferences.

Use https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... ed/?src=ss if you want to change the font size of menus/toolbars

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bad_Eyesight_-_Thunderbird for alternatives/more information.
Janesdf

Post by Janesdf »

tanstaafl wrote:Change the font/font size in existing messages by using Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced, set the "minimum font size" and consider also unchecking "allow messages to use other fonts". If you are using Linux, Tools -> Options is replaced by Edit -> Preferences.
Under Tools, there is no Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced. However, under Preferences, I did see "Display", then Advanced, the font size was set at 16, but the messages look closer to font size 8. So, I changed the font size to 20 and unchecked "allow messages to use other fonts".

The font size for incoming messages looks the same. No change at all. I have version 60.7.2, 64-bit if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

Jane
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Are you looking at plain text or HTML messages?

"Many of these solutions only work with HTML messages, or messages that have both a plain text and a HTML version of the same message body ("View -> Message Body As" chooses which one is displayed). They typically don't work with a plain text message because they use CSS and it only effects how markup languages such as HTML is displayed."
Janesdf

Post by Janesdf »

Right after my last post, I decided to restart my pc and try printing again. It worked this time. Maybe the restart cleared whatever the issue was? I don't know, but it is printing now. Thank you.