Auto-rotating proxy addon

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
xdelicacyx

Auto-rotating proxy addon

Post by xdelicacyx »

Can anyone suggest me one ?

A different proxy would be auto picked from a given list for different email accounts.
tanstaafl

Re: Auto-rotating proxy addon

Post by tanstaafl »

My impression is that the built-in proxy support is global, not account specific. It sounds like you are looking for something like the Thunderbird equivalent of https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tchyomega/ . Thats a webextension based add-on. I know webextension based themes for Firefox work with the Thunderbird beta, but I wouldn't expect a webextension based extension to be that compatible.

Why do you want to automatically rotate between proxies?
If its for privacy why not use a vpn? The main issue with using a vpn is that outlook.com and gmail.com are too security conscious and would complain about your using a IP at a different location.
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

Cause i have several old accounts & connections issues, the thing i wanna make sure is that the xpi will auto adapt one proxy per email account.
and not use the same proxy when thunderbird checks several email accounts in a row
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I think you would be better off configuring something like gmail webmail to automatically fetch and merge mail from your other mailboxes into its inbox. You could access that mail using a Gmail IMAP account in Thunderbird, and create multiple identities so that you can send/reply using the other accounts email addresses, without having to have the accounts exist in Thunderbird anymore. The reason for doing that is I suspect Gmail can solve the connection problems a lot better than you can through proxies.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Replace_sever ... ne_account for details.
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

Giving control to gmail by gathering accounts into one is going to hell.. the day i have that account banned for a reason or another i loose everything & even better, i never said it was for gmail.. & other servers need independance too.
proxy rotation is my best option per email & of course not i cant dump thunderbird because it allows me private messages to stay in my hard drive & not into the hard drive of a nosey admin from gmail or i don't know what other server..
you were near the answer in ur first reply, but in ur second one, i'm very far from what i'm expecting.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't understand how you need multiple proxies to solve connection problems . That sort of implies you have a poor ISP. However, if you don't want to use a gmail or outlook account to pull mail from multiple mailboxes, I suggest you think about a inexpensive account from a commercial email provider that supports that feature. That should drastically reduce the chance of you getting banned.

Personally, I use fastmail.com . But there are plenty out there. I suggest you avoid the web host providers (hostgator, dreamhost, godaddy etc.) though, chose a company whose main business is email.