Super new feature in ff latest version ))

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
xdelicacyx

Super new feature in ff latest version ))

Post by xdelicacyx »

From time to time, firefox amuses itself in creating a new empty profile along with the main one
that contains all my settings.. it's very irritating & it switches to that new bad empty profile:

"Changes to your Firefox profile"

"This installation of Firefox has a new profile."

How can i disable this ?

v68.0.1
kerft

Re: Super new feature in ff latest version ))

Post by kerft »

There is a bug where the case insensitivity of the Firefox program files folder can get it confused, probably will be fixed in Firefox 69. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1555319 The easiest way to fix it may be to uninstall Firefox (this will not affect your profiles), remove all Firefox shortcuts, set something else as default browser. Then reinstall Firefox, making sure it is the release non-beta version from mozilla.org. Then go to about:profiles and set or check which profiles is the default. In the end, whichever profile sticks as the default, copy your important data and install your extensions into that one. Don't delete the contents of the bad profile, if you feel you need to, move the data somewhere else, out of the appdata folder. If useful, see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox
Until 69 is released, you still may have trouble unless you set something else as default browser.
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

Ok Kerft thanks

Do you know if v67 is affected ? & don't you think one nightly already has a fix ?
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

And why do i have to make sure it's the non beta version ?
What do you guys think of it ?

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/rele ... 69.0b6.exe

or should i use: status-firefox-esr68: affected → fixed
?
kerft

Post by kerft »

67 had some profile issues, 66 did not. ESR 68.0.1 I believe has this fixed. I say to use release just because beta will automatically create a new profile. If you copy what is needed from your profile to the new one beta will create, then that is fine.
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

What usually does this is clicking on apps to open a webpage.....
I also changed my user profile & firefox profile in some of my profile files.
I guess i'll wait v69. I'm so sad that all xul addons have been shot by mozilla.
We have major losses like menu wizard, the status bar, downloadthemall,
sessionsaver (all other alternatives flood your computer with new snapshots,
making your folder grow endlessly instead of editing during the saving process).
one tab windows still show the tab, there are so many issues..