How many letters in Mozilla

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Paul905

How many letters in Mozilla

Post by Paul905 »

Hello... what is the correct answer please ? thanks
DanRaisch

Re: How man letters in Mozilla

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Site Discussion

The question should read "How many UNIQUE letters are there in the word Mozilla?" and the answer is 6.
Paul905

Re: How man letters in Mozilla

Post by Paul905 »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to MozillaZine Site Discussion

The question should read "How many UNIQUE letters are there in the word Mozilla?" and the answer is 6.
lol No offense but can you imagine how many people might of try registering and couldn't. I just kept entering different numbers until I got to register
DanRaisch

Re: How many letters in Mozilla

Post by DanRaisch »

This is not news. It's been an issue for a while now. The Moderators don't have access to correct the matter and the forum Administrator has a real job that takes up most of his time. A new version of forum software will be introduced soon so I doubt anyone will worry about that letter count right away.
Petrizzz

Post by Petrizzz »

Pff, I can't beleive it! :evil:
"You have exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for this session. Please try again later."
The question was:
How many letters in Mozilla? (and not UNIQUE)
7 letters of M o z i l l a word. So the correct answer is 7, SEVEN and not 6.
Fortunately I found this forum. :roll:
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Don't over think it. The correct answer is 6.
James

Post by James »

Petrizzz wrote:7 letters of M o z i l l a word. So the correct answer is 7, SEVEN and not 6.
Fortunately I found this forum. :roll:
So nothing else occurred to you what it was really about?. It did not say "How many total letters in Mozilla"

It asked how many letters there are in the word Mozilla as you counted the l twice to make it 7. So M o z i l a = 6
Petrizzz

Post by Petrizzz »

James wrote: It asked how many letters there are in the word Mozilla as you counted the l twice to make it 7. So M o z i l a = 6
Thank you, I understand. English is not my mother tongue and I interpreted the question differently. :oops:
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

James wrote:So nothing else occurred to you what it was really about?. It did not say "How many total letters in Mozilla"
It was a mistake by Kerz the Admin, let's not make out it's some intended intellectual challenge.

Otherwise the correct answer could be 1 (number of capital letters), 2 (number of repeated letters), 3 (number of vowels) or 4 (total number of consonants) as well.

How about 88 ? (guess how that one is worked out :))
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
theshadowofgold

Post by theshadowofgold »

How about let's lock this thread like the others and create a single sticky thread regarding this issue, directing the monthly traffic there?

Also, noting three of the last four posts have an animal avatar.

And would be four out of five if Daifne would drop in...

but then it wouldn't be unique animals (her cat, Frank's cat), so it would still be three.

Unless we count cat breeds as separate...

ah forget it I'm confused, How many Mozillas are in a letter again?? :mrgreen:
I came back to see if there were more fries
vampyren

Post by vampyren »

LOL i just failed the test so i had to google this. Even typed in "seven".
What a stupid thing to use. I'm sure many will not succeed and just give up. Its like as if FF wants to move people away.
Really how hard is it to change a test or add a "unique" in the sentence. Mind blown #-o :shock: :roll:
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

its part of an intelligence test here - nevertheless you have been registered to write this as a first posting? impressive "statement"
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Brummelchen wrote:its part of an intelligence test here
Bull feathers. It's just a mistake Kerz made when creating the CAPTCHA question, IMHO. #-o
If he doesn't trust any of the moderators here to have sufficient access to fix stuff like this, he really needs to take the 5 minutes it would require to fix it, or replace the question with some less ambiguous one.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
acrizona2

Post by acrizona2 »

](*,) This is stupid !

Never mind..... I found the answer I needed on GOOGLE !
Maksym Kozub

Post by Maksym Kozub »

I entered 7 , "Seven", then even decided to try 9 (considering "Mozilla?:" as a word, with the question mark and the colon as "letters" :)), then googled and found this thread. I can't believe this issue has been discussed for more than a year and a half...