Content Options Bar In eMail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
troothteller

Content Options Bar In eMail

Post by troothteller »

In SeaMonkey Mail, v. 2.49.4, I am accustomed to seeing an options bar when I first open a new message. It provides options as to whether or not to display images. From one sender I must have clicked accidentally on the wrong option so that it now automatically shows images from that sender. How do I restore that options bar?
frg

Re: Content Options Bar In eMail

Post by frg »

Data Manager -> Permissions Only and click on the * domain. There should be a chrome entry with the senders email address at the end. Just check 'Use Default' and it should be gone after you leave the panel.

Yes the ui could use some love here to make it more intuitive :)

FRG
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

frg, I found it; but I cannot do anything else with it. Thanks for getting back. At first by Data Manager, I thought you meant to open a tab with about:config. There nothing turned up. In the screenshot I captured, nothing happens when I click on the domain. Right now I am having difficulty following your forum's instructions, copying and pasting the screenshot into the thread. This may not work. I am in SeaMonkey browser and the pasting does not appear to work. Maybe I can drag and drop. After making three screenshots, I give up.
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

frg, I have the screenshot in OneDrive. Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atrt_DcRfactgkeTDLgsqCmdLTTX
frg

Post by frg »

The email permissions are in the wildcard * domain under permissions. They can not be searched because they are not real domain entries.

https://imgur.com/a/aDuCLCO
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

I searched under *visit and *vermont. Nothing came up. In Data Manager give me the specific term to search for. For undoing these image permissions there is a lot available, but only pertaining to Thunderbird, not SeaMonkey.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

troothteller wrote: In Data Manager give me the specific term to search for.
Set Data Manager to Permissions and 'search' for *. Just that, *.

Not *something else, but *

Frg's pic shows it pretty well. It really isn't that hard - https://imgur.com/a/aDuCLCO
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

Thanks. Three entries came up and I checked "Use Default" for them. Let's see what happens. Hooray! The options bar is back in all those messages where it did not appear before. Thanks. I thought it was a matter of "unfriending" the sender previously.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

troothteller wrote:Thanks.
No problem. It not exactly an intuitive solution, is it?

Frg's pic helped a lot though.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
frg

Post by frg »

> It not exactly an intuitive solution, is it?

I wish I had more time. The data manager ui needs a complete overhaul. It is just quirky.

FRG
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

As users, would you stick with SeaMonkey or try the newest Thunderbird? I now notice something new. While trying to fix this image problem, SeaMonkey doesn't open the same way on the Start menu. I am referring to how the arrow on the right of the program icon used to display a link to the browser itself, SeaMonkey Mail, newsgroups and maybe the last URL's it opened. The arrow now freezes. Usually I restart the OS after I run my scanning programs. After I do that next I will see if the program works as other programs do from the Start menu.