( SOLVED ) Remember this device

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
alpine5536

( SOLVED ) Remember this device

Post by alpine5536 »

Using 68.0.1 and when I sign into my health care site, it ask for answers to security questions that I set up and it says check this box to remember this device so you can skip this step when you sign in. I have accept cookies enabled. Delete cookies and site data is not checked. Anyone know why Firefox is not remembering this device ? I have entered the web site under manage permissions and it still will not remember this device.
Last edited by alpine5536 on August 14th, 2019, 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
dfoulkes

Re: Remember this device

Post by dfoulkes »

I'm not sure about this... but 'if' that site is specifically asking that question I'm wondering that maybe it's not a cookie related issue... or site data issue... but perhaps it's there database that is not saving your device stuff... the term presented by their site remember this device sure sounds like it's their site that wants to retain that data... I'm probably wrong though. I suppose one way to test this would be to create a test profile, make no changes to it and then use that profile for that site... just to see what happens...

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

Plus, it's nice to just keep that new profile for other testing.
Opening a new instance of your Mozilla application with another profile - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
alpine5536

Re: ( SOLVED ) Remember this device

Post by alpine5536 »

Thanks for the suggestion..I'd rather not create a new profile as the one I have is customized and I don't want to mess anything up. I'm going to restart in safe mode and see if it may be one of my extensions. I tried it in IE and Chrome browser and everything works as it should, if I can't figure out why Firefox is not remembering, Ill just use another browser to access that one site. Thanks Again

UPDATE: The culprit was privacy badger extension. All is well :) I disabled it for this site only and everything works as it should.
dfoulkes

Re: ( SOLVED ) Remember this device

Post by dfoulkes »

Just a FYI, creating that new profile has nothing to do with you main one... it's always good to have a new/clean profile sitting around for testing.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!