scripts stall on some web sites

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
ndebord

scripts stall on some web sites

Post by ndebord »

I am using Seamonkey 2.49.5... it stalls sometimes on websites where scripts either take too long too load, or where theyjust plain stop responding. Doesn't freeze up the browser, but it appears to be a problem endemic to Gecko browsers (I have seen similar issues with PaleMoon. Not sure about the new Firefox browsers).

Don't have an answer in terms of playing with settings, so have resorted to a kludge. I loaded up the Seamonkey as a standalone email client extension. The only advantage this has is its ability to load up links in emails to the system default browser (or any other browser you so designate). Right click and it loads up in Seamonkey. A kludge, but it is useful for now.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
therube

Re: scripts stall on some web sites

Post by therube »

on websites
URLs?

You can adjust the time before the script warning ensues.
I've had to do that for specific circumstances.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

therube wrote:
on websites
URLs?

E.g. Google Maps. Make some route (from <-> to), zoom in and drag map... it will "stall" and without closing of browser you cannot use SeaMonkey. Luckily Mail part is not affected and I don't need to terminate "seamonkey.exe" process. Works correct with SeaMonkey 2.53.
--
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:
on websites
URLs?

therube,

Thanks, thought about doing that, but have yet to pull the trigger. One problem is an old Dell D420 and only 1 1/2 gigs of RAM. Works good most of the time, so long as I'm careful with programs and, it seems, some websites.
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

TPR75 wrote:
therube wrote:
on websites
URLs?

E.g. Google Maps. Make some route (from <-> to), zoom in and drag map... it will "stall" and without closing of browser you cannot use SeaMonkey. Luckily Mail part is not affected and I don't need to terminate "seamonkey.exe" process. Works correct with SeaMonkey 2.53.
TPR75,

Strange, but I can drag that google map.... just now tried and it worked. The other issue shows up on some news sites. (I shall compile a list here.)
frg

Post by frg »

> One problem is an old Dell D420 and only 1 1/2 gigs of RAM.

Grab an old Thinkpad X200 with LED screen or X201 (a little) hot. Both can be easily upgraded to 4 GB (The X201 to 8). Should run circles around the D420. Still using an X201 for traveling and rest assured SeaMonkey works very well here. 1 1/2GB is not enough for todays websites and the D420 can only take 2,5GB max.

FRG
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:> One problem is an old Dell D420 and only 1 1/2 gigs of RAM.

Grab an old Thinkpad X200 with LED screen or X201 (a little) hot. Both can be easily upgraded to 4 GB (The X201 to 8). Should run circles around the D420. Still using an X201 for traveling and rest assured SeaMonkey works very well here. 1 1/2GB is not enough for todays websites and the D420 can only take 2,5GB max.

FRG
FRG,

Actually it can take only 2 gigs and only 1 1/2 is usable. (sigh). No monies right now, so this will have to handle whatever I need to do. Liked Thinkpads, had a few many moons ago.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:
on websites
URLs?

therube,

Thanks, I doubled the time and it has made a difference on my aging laptop. Fewer script stall messages.