De-junking mail . . .

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Bruce L.

De-junking mail . . .

Post by Bruce L. »

Hi: Running W10 and latest FB.

I think this problem has been going on since a new FB install on a new PC this past January.

Some non-junk mail (only from Charles Schwab) goes into my Junk folder. Once there the only relevant icon is "Junk." There is no "Not Junk" for mail that gets sent there accidentally (which is something I thought I've seen before).

I right-click the mail and I get "Mark/As Not Junk". I click that, and have also tried manually moving the message to the inbox, but any mail from this sender still always goes into the Junk folder.

How do I fix this?
tanstaafl

Re: De-junking mail . . .

Post by tanstaafl »

Add the sender to your personal address book and select the checkboxes for "do not automatically mark mail as junk if the sender is in" "personal address book" in the accounts junk settings.
Bruce L.

Post by Bruce L. »

tanstaafl wrote:Add the sender to your personal address book and select the checkboxes for "do not automatically mark mail as junk if the sender is in" "personal address book" in the accounts junk settings.
The second item was already checked.

To enter addy in book: Does the address have to be exactly identical to what the incoming shows?

Is this the only way of de-junking a specific addy? (that I *never* reply to). I try to keep names I never use out of my addy book to keep clutter out.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Is this an IMAP account? If so, I suspect the junk filter ON YOUR MAIL SERVER is classifying these messages as junk and moving them into the server's junk folder. So they are already in the junk folder when they are downloaded by TBird. That would explain why TBird doesn't have them marked as junk.

If you don't want to add schwab to your address book, you could create a filter for messages from schwab and have it move them to your Inbox folder. Since they are not marked as junk there is no need to have the filter mark them as not spam before moving.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Bruce L.

Post by Bruce L. »

makaiguy wrote:Is this an IMAP account? If so, I suspect the junk filter ON YOUR MAIL SERVER is classifying these messages as junk and moving them into the server's junk folder. So they are already in the junk folder when they are downloaded by TBird. That would explain why TBird doesn't have them marked as junk.

If you don't want to add schwab to your address book, you could create a filter for messages from schwab and have it move them to your Inbox folder. Since they are not marked as junk there is no need to have the filter mark them as not spam before moving.
Heh, I guess adding him to my address book is the easiest way out.

Thanks guys! =D>