TB stopped loading the Inbox

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jsaklas

TB stopped loading the Inbox

Post by jsaklas »

I'm running Windows 10 and use Thunderbird (TB) for email. I and my wife use the same computer. Email is with Verizon-Yahoo.

Until 4 days ago all has worked perfectly for many years. Now while my wife's email still works correctly, TB no longer loads my incoming email. I can send email using TB and TB places my sent emails into my Sent Folder, so this is working correctly. I can access my email correctly via the web, so I don't think the problem is with Verizon-Yahoo; it seems to be withe TB.

I receive this Error Message: "The DELE command did not succeed. Error marking message as deleted. Mail server POP.MAIL.YAHOO.COM responded too many requests"

I backed up my profile, which I did, then I found the Mail folder in the profile and deleted the Inbox.msf and the file Inbox with no extension. I reopened TB and sent a message from another one of my emails but sadly, TB still could not load it. I received the same error message.

I use the Message Filter to send messages from several sources to my wife and to one of my other emails - could a hang-up in one of these corrupt a file and cause my problem?

Jim
DanRaisch

Re: TB stopped loading the Inbox

Post by DanRaisch »

Close Thunderbird. Access the account through the web mail page. Identify and delete the oldest message in the server inbox that has not yet been downloaded to Thunderbird. Restart TB and see if it will download messages.

Sometimes a message has a corrupt header and Thunderbird may be unable to deal with that message. That can block the access of all other messages in that server folder.
jsaklas

Post by jsaklas »

Dan,

I went to my email via the web and deleted everything from the entire day (Sept 2nd) that was in my Inbox, Sent File, Trash and Spam folders. I then sent an email to myself and I still have the same problem - nothing in my Inbox. (I forgot to say, that I have moved all that was in my Inbox to a Local folder on my hard drive.)
jsaklas

Post by jsaklas »

Dan,

I Forgot to say, that I still got the following error message:

The DELE command did not succeed. Error marking a message as deleted. Mail server incoming.yahoo.verizon.net responded: Too many requests.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Review this page and try the suggested changes to settings, etc.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3792.html? ... dSqSLLsb_M
jsaklas

Post by jsaklas »

Dan,

I changed the server setting from incoming.yahoo.verizon.net to pop.mail.yahoo.com as indicated in the link you provided. Sadly, I get the same result and the same error message: "The DELE command did not succeed. Error marking a message as deleted. Mail server pop.mail.yahoo.com responded: Too many requests."

The fact that my wife's email is working perfectly on this same computer using incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and I have a second computer with two verizon.net accounts also using incoming.yahoo.verizon.net, tells me that incoming.yahoo.verizon.net is OK and not the proboem.

There must be another solution.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

My Incoming server settings for Verizon are pop.verizon.net, Port 995, TLS/SSL, Normal Password. Hasn't changed in 20+ years.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
jsaklas

Post by jsaklas »

Since incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and pop.mail.yahoo.com are not working for me, I will try pop.verizon.net

I just tries pop.verizon.net but still have the problem.

This is getting very frustrating. I have always liked TB and I do not like getting to my mail via the web.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

This is an old article but see if the settings noted in it are helpful to you -- https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet ... -p/4108666