Problem with drag/drop of messages (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
BroX

Problem with drag/drop of messages (Linux)

Post by BroX »

Thunderbird 68.1.1 on Linux Slackware:

When dragging a message to move it to another folder, the background of the selected message title remains blue. This then prevents me to see the folder where I would like to drop the message. This is especially problematic when dragging more than one message at a time.

Is there a way to prevent the message appearing as a blue bar during drag/drop?

Cheers, Leon.
Last edited by DanRaisch on October 2nd, 2019, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
tanstaafl

Re: Problem with drag/drop of messages (Linux)

Post by tanstaafl »

Is this problem in part due to your changing the colors used by the folder pane?

The blue background color might be due to the color the default theme uses for highlighting selected text. If so, you can change that using CSS in the optional \chrome\userChrome.css file. The problem is whatever color you chose also needs to be useful in several other scenarios, such as selecting a message in the folder listing and still being able to read the contents of that line.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001391.htm
https://css-tricks.com/overriding-the-d ... -with-css/
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

BroX wrote:Thunderbird 68.1.1 on Linux Slackware:

When dragging a message to move it to another folder, the background of the selected message title remains blue. This then prevents me to see the folder where I would like to drop the message. This is especially problematic when dragging more than one message at a time.

Is there a way to prevent the message appearing as a blue bar during drag/drop?

Cheers, Leon.
Well, the folder does highlight when enough of the blue background covers the folder.

To change the blue background to a page icon, open Preferences > Advanced, click the Config Editor button and toggle "nglayout.enable_drag_images" to "false". That should bring back the normal page icon we all have known and loved for years.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
morat

Post by morat »

BroX

Post by BroX »

WaltS48 wrote:Well, the folder does highlight when enough of the blue background covers the folder.

To change the blue background to a page icon, open Preferences > Advanced, click the Config Editor button and toggle "nglayout.enable_drag_images" to "false". That should bring back the normal page icon we all have known and loved for years.
Perfect! I browsed through the config settings but failed to identify which one to change.
SOLVED :D