Dealing with last tab closed and finding windows

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
lrrryo

Dealing with last tab closed and finding windows

Post by lrrryo »

I have two big issues that cause me grief.....

1. How do you reload the last thing closed (page or tab)? I'll loose a url I'm working on and can't find out how to reload, like all the other browsers have.

2. How can I see ALL the open windows, including tabs? When I click on Window, it doesn't show all of them and it's hard to find my way back to one I just came from.

Thx

Lrrryo
Mac OS El Capitan
MacBook Pro
kerft

Re: Dealing with last tab closed and finding windows

Post by kerft »

Ctrl or cmd - shift - T opens the last tab closed. Ctrl or cmd - shift - N opens the last window closed. Or, get the menu bar shown https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... ar-firefox and in menu, then history, look at recently closed tabs or recently closed windows.

For question 2 I'm not sure, I find the easiest way to be able to find everything is do one of the following -
have many tabs in only one window, you can see the tabs along the top or in the overflow arrow
or, some prefer to have many windows, never with more than one tab, and the system dock shows the name of each window
jscher2000

Re: Dealing with last tab closed and finding windows

Post by jscher2000 »

lrrryo wrote:2. How can I see ALL the open windows, including tabs? When I click on Window, it doesn't show all of them and it's hard to find my way back to one I just came from.
My add-on can show a list of your most recent tabs across windows (labeled "Global"):

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... ctive-tab/

Make sure to look at the options (right-click the extension's toolbar button) to configure it the way you like.

On Windows, clicking on a tab in the list that is in a different window seems to have stopped working for me in recent months. I need to look into what causes that, but maybe it still works on Mac? If you try it, please let me know. I posted a fixed version 1.8.2.