Split from "The End" - No Notifications

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
BuddhaNature

Split from "The End" - No Notifications

Post by BuddhaNature »

There have been three new posts made into this thread for 10 Oct 2019 (and now this one). I am subscribed to the thread but I haven't received any email notifications that new posts have been added. I'm wondering if the same thing is happening for other people? (Is this part of a wind-down of the forums?)

P.S. Thanks tanstaafl for making public statements on what is going on, even though there isn't any communication from Kerz/Jason as to what is going on in the background (if anything).
tanstaafl

Re: The End

Post by tanstaafl »

I received all of the recent notifications for this thread. I think its just buggy software, not a part of a wind-down of the forums, as I've occasionally had similar problems in the past.
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Okay, thanks tanstaafl. I received a notification for your reply right now.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Moderators have cut out off topic posts. If you don’t go back to the main thread, the system won’t know you responded to the new post email.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
smsmith

Re: Split from "The End" - No Notifications

Post by smsmith »

Split from "The End" as "off topic".

Depending on which link you click in the notification, you may nor may not see the post. If you click the link to the thread, it may seem that no new posts were added if they were split off. If you click the link to the post, it should still find it. Been a while since I have subscribed to a thread, so I could be remembering other forums notifications that oftentimes have two links, one for the thread and one as a direct link to the new post.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Snake4

Re: Split from "The End" - No Notifications

Post by Snake4 »

yeah i havent been getting Notifications either , sometimes i get them an sometimes i do.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox