[linux/debian]What is that terrible seamonkey-2.49.5.dmg

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
oui

[linux/debian]What is that terrible seamonkey-2.49.5.dmg

Post by oui »

What is that terrible seamonkey-2.49.5.dmg beeing able to disturb and destroy all the order in my /opt ?

Are the developers of Seamonkey completely fun to propose without some warning such a thing :-" , it can not be serious, really ](*,)
James

Re: [linux/debian]What is that terrible seamonkey-2.49.5.dmg

Post by James »

oui wrote:What is that terrible seamonkey-2.49.5.dmg beeing able to disturb and destroy all the order in my /opt ?
So you tried to install a version made for Mac OSX on Linux?

You need the 64-bit version of seamonkey-2.49.5.tar.bz2 from https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

You just extract the tarball and run the seamonkey script, though it should not be extracted over a build of SeaMonkey that was installed by way of your Linux distro package manager.

Make sure where you put the extract folder has read/write permissions for the user so you can get updates when they work.
ElTxolo

Re: [linux/debian]What is that terrible seamonkey-2.49.5.dmg

Post by ElTxolo »

James wrote:
oui wrote:What is that terrible seamonkey-2.49.5.dmg beeing able to disturb and destroy all the order in my /opt ?
So you tried to install a version made for Mac OSX on Linux?

You need the 64-bit version of seamonkey-2.49.5.tar.bz2 from https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

You just extract the tarball and run the seamonkey script, though it should not be extracted over a build of SeaMonkey that was installed by way of your Linux distro package manager.

Make sure where y6ou put the extract folder has read/write permissions for the user so you can get updates when they work.
  • :-k This guy, doesn't seem to know the difference, between a .dmg file, a .deb file and a .tar.bz2 file. Image

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~